• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say they don't fit me for shit... "Good thing" I bought three pairs. HMU if you're interested... :(
Are you striking out with Carmina fit? You've got a couple other pairs in the BST right?

thefoobar

Reaction score
So far. I've had two Oscars 9.5 which are seemingly too small and three Detroits which are seemingly too big... I can't win!
Is it just that they don't grip the ankle around the top of the foot properly, and you get heel slip? Or is the actual insole too wide too? Honestly I looked at those and thought that they had done an exceptionally loose blocking of the uppers - all carmina chelseas tend to be loose like that and only suit high volume ankles.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say they don't fit me for shit... "Good thing" I bought three pairs. HMU if you're interested... :(
Are they the super wide Detroit? I’ve not had either fitting but one is supposed to be super generous.

Goofy

Reaction score
Did anyone else not receive their free complimentary belt with their Black Friday promotional offer? Pretty sloppy of them not to include the item the entire promotion revolves around.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just that they don't grip the ankle around the top of the foot properly, and you get heel slip? Or is the actual insole too wide too? Honestly I looked at those and thought that they had done an exceptionally loose blocking of the uppers - all carmina chelseas tend to be loose like that and only suit high volume ankles.
All of the above honestly, my foot is absolutely swimming... sigh

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they the super wide Detroit? I’ve not had either fitting but one is supposed to be super generous.
These are / should be their standard Detroit, not the wide version

thefoobar

Reaction score
All of the above honestly, my foot is absolutely swimming... sigh
Try double sock, and then try insole (just get the one out of your sneakers if you don't have anything more appropriate), and report back?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try double sock, and then try insole (just get the one out of your sneakers if you don't have anything more appropriate), and report back?
definitely. I tried the double sock off the bat, then a heavyweight hiking sock - my foot is still the small kid in the pool of the Detroit. I ordered some 3/4 and full insoles on AMZ to try as a remedy, so we'll see when they arrive if that does anything. Super disappointed with this fit, can't believe this last from Carmina seems so different from others

thefoobar

Reaction score
definitely. I tried the double sock off the bat, then a heavyweight hiking sock - my foot is still the small kid in the pool of the Detroit. I ordered some 3/4 and full insoles on AMZ to try as a remedy, so we'll see when they arrive if that does anything. Super disappointed with this fit, can't believe this last from Carmina seems so different from others
And what's your issue with Oscar then out of curiosity? Not enough instep room?

EUtroll

Reaction score
Too bad that they don't fit you well, gorgeous last for the model.

All feet are different and all lasts have different fitting characteristics, and Carmina do have a real strong line up of very different options.

In my case the Detroit last and, even more, the more voluminous Llubi last are among my best fitting lasts overall.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikei90