• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVG

Reaction score
I haven’t shared these since I’ve been busy, but here they go. This is from the MTO weekend prior to the 3D tool. Took pictures in different lighting. In retrospect, I’ve probably should’ve gone with tonal upper stitching but I still like them and on foot it’s not obvious. There’s definitely some more gaudy-looking boots out there in our bubble of footwear.
loden suede, Oscar last, it’s supposed to be dark gray upper stitching, double JR soles w stormwelt and hard fudging, green lining & light chestnut edges.
View attachment 1692600 View attachment 1692601 View attachment 1692604 View attachment 1692605

Really beautiful pair. Mines are actually quite "similar" but in dark brown (green is more original/beautiful indeed, but I'm still in the process of getting basics). I'm still looking forward to receive them tough.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy them!

AVG

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
Any experience here with some of Carminas textured leathers?

Specifically looking at Chelseas in Lama, Rusticalf, Pereandre, or Elbamat.

I have a pair of chelsea in brown elbamat coming this week. I'll try to post pics and impressions

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Blue shells
On the sea shore…
7E3C6C8B-FBC8-401F-A236-D4C384303A8D.jpeg

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of chelsea in brown elbamat coming this week. I'll try to post pics and impressions

Sounds like we placed the same order, haha. Mine won't be due for delivery for a while still though

thefoobar

Reaction score
well, I don't want to jinx it, but the routine post about QC issues has stopped. Quite a few new pairs have been posted with no issues reported. THANK GOD! I hope they've resolved it for good.
You know, I visited the TLB factory store last week. As was reputed, the finishing was top-notch and slightly better than Carmina (though I prefer the look of Señor Albaladejo's lasts, as well as that they're more slender). Their value proposition is exceptional materials and finishing for the €400 range. Yet one Artista suede oxford with city sole had the worst heel balance I have seen - the front was about 8mm off the ground with heels flat. I am certain, having seen the level of care and attention to quality, that this would have been caught at QC when the heel was built. It also doesn't make sense that the same heel, on the same last, built the same way, should be unbalanced compared to similar shoes.

I therefore conclude that the balance of the shoe changed after it came off the last. I presume this is the same issue that everyone has been experiencing with their Carmina heels. I don't know what would cause this phenomenon, but I suspect it's something to do with the shank (as that's what allows the shoe to maintain it's lasted heel height). I can't think what though (because the shanks are clearly curved appropriately for the heel-toe drop when manufactured), and it obviously doesn't excuse the final QC checks missing it. Still, it's never happened to me and they both seem to be good about rectifying customer issues. I'll probably order something from TLB in their narrow-width version of Alan last if they do another MTO promo now that I've had a chance to get fitted, and eagerly await my Carmina MTO order.

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
Sounds like we placed the same order, haha. Mine won't be due for delivery for a while still though

I asked for an expedite delivery because I'm moving address soon, but I wasn't expecting them so quickly. Pretty impressed by Carmina's service.

This Chelsea in forest EEE last are just great, very comfy, supple and soft leather, also very light despite the double sole. The outsole is not branded Vibram and feels lighter than my other Vibram shoes.
The soft fudging is a really nice touch that adds interest without being too much IMHO. The stitching is a bit lighter than what appeared on the website but still the difference with the leather is not really noticeable so it's ok.

CArmina Chelsea4.jpeg
CArmina Chelsea5.jpeg
CArmina Chelsea1.jpeg
CArmina Chelsea2.jpeg
CArmina Chelsea3jpeg.jpeg

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked for an expedite delivery because I'm moving address soon, but I wasn't expecting them so quickly. Pretty impressed by Carmina's service.

This Chelsea in forest EEE last are just great, very comfy, supple and soft leather, also very light despite the double sole. The outsole is not branded Vibram and feels lighter than my other Vibram shoes.
The soft fudging is a really nice touch that adds interest without being too much IMHO. The stitching is a bit lighter than what appeared on the website but still the difference with the leather is not really noticeable so it's ok.

View attachment 1699756 View attachment 1699757 View attachment 1699758 View attachment 1699759 View attachment 1699760
these look great, now I can't wait to get mine! Beautiful looking leather

Vizard

Reaction score
I am in the process of trying to return some Carmina boots that I bought for my wife.
What an utter PITA this company is to deal with.
Never again.

EUtroll

Reaction score

View attachment 1699756 View attachment 1699757 View attachment 1699758 View attachment 1699759 View attachment 1699760
Lovely pair! What's the size?

Vizard

Reaction score
Wow you'd think it would be eaiser from there

It hasn't been great since the start. I just bought the boots, which were offered in GBP and there was little hint that they were not being dispatched from the UK, as so many other manufacturers do. Only when I received all the confirmations in Spanish did I twig.

This raises the question "am I going to get a tax bill for importing these?". 20% plus handling would make expensive boots eye-watering.

Anyway, the boots didn't fit. Really odd fitting on my wife. So I enquired as to returning them. The cost? £45 ($61) because it's international.

Carmina isn't responding to emails. So, when I have proof that they've been delivered I will obtain a refund from my card provider.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It hasn't been great since the start. I just bought the boots, which were offered in GBP and there was little hint that they were not being dispatched from the UK, as so many other manufacturers do. Only when I received all the confirmations in Spanish did I twig.

This raises the question "am I going to get a tax bill for importing these?". 20% plus handling would make expensive boots eye-watering.

Anyway, the boots didn't fit. Really odd fitting on my wife. So I enquired as to returning them. The cost? £45 ($61) because it's international.

Carmina isn't responding to emails. So, when I have proof that they've been delivered I will obtain a refund from my card provider.
You'd think people would read all of the terms and conditions before buying online. Sorry they didn't fit your wife but I don't see how that is Carmina's fault. It's pretty clear what they do and do not cover as far as returns are involved. If you don't agree with the T&C no one is forcing you to purchase.

"Delivery costs and customs duties on returns:

Carmina will not pay for delivery costs and customs duties on returns if outside the European Union. There exists an in which the shipping costs are attributable to Carmina, that is, faulty items or items that do not correspond to the customer’s order. Carmina will not be liable for customs duties levied on returns for defective items."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads