• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smoothguyto

Reaction score
Got my order in. Can always use another pair of shell balmoral boots. I see they've extended the MTO event by 24 hours.

zaiten

Reaction score
Why I feel that, with that 24-hour extension, there may be another extension in the 60-days delivery due to the overload they’re going to have.
I wish that my feelings are wrong ?

Qayyum

Reaction score
I suspected this custom weekend would be extended, but when in doubt, I pulled the trigger this morning. Too many choices ... Lack of time to think. Suddenly, it gives that!
E26DD446-416D-4152-8198-7387CE08FF77.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Need help to make a decision! Which of those two?
One is derby hatch grain burgundy on JR sole, and the other one is color 4 cordovan with same sole, both are on 360 welt with soft fudging. View attachment 1687711 View attachment 1687712

Tough call but I'd do the #4 personally... or perhaps the bourbon hatch for this makeup given that the pricing is about the same for shell as for the russian grain.

oskrusa

Reaction score
One is derby hatch grain burgundy on JR sole, and the other one is color 4 cordovan with same sole, both are on 360 welt with soft fudging. View attachment 1687711 View attachment 1687712

Both look amazing and you cannot go wrong either way, If you don't have any other derby on a textured leather, then go for the hatch grain.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One is derby hatch grain burgundy on JR sole, and the other one is color 4 cordovan with same sole, both are on 360 welt with soft fudging.
I have the Kirby Carmina boots in hatch (Russian Reindeer) and it's a striking leather. Maybe it's just that I'm used to seeing it in boots that it looks so odd in a shoe though. But, it's definitely more striking than a shell - which seems to take years before you truly see the character. I have bourbon shell boots from Carmina and they're very nice but after 2 years the leather just doesn't have as stiking an appearance as some other leathers (including the hatch grain). Not sure I helped any, but that's my opinion

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging @aj2603 , I know he has some derbies done up in Russian Grain. Not Carmina, but gorgeous nonethless

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Extended for 24 hours! DRATS!!

Here we go again...

View attachment 1687746

Bourbon cordovan and bourbon hatch.

My thoughts exactly! I need to offload 10-15 pairs of shoes/boots, mostly unworn, and here I am still thinking about a shell chelsea. I spent a good 4 hours this past weekend configuring many makeups and was very pleased with myself for not giving in and pulling the trigger last night.

Interesting make up btw. There was an EB GMTO recently which combined large grain and smooth shell and the end result was very cool.

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly! I need to offload at least 10-15 pairs of shoes/boots, mostly unworn, and here I am still thinking about a shell chelsea. I spent a good 4 hours this past weekend configuring many makeups and was very pleased with myself for not giving in and pulling the trigger last night.

Interesting make up btw. There was an EB GMTO recently which combined large grain and smooth shell and the end result was very cool.
Same, shellsea was calling but willpower was strong!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads