• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have the following String Loafers in stock as of today
Loden Green: 7.5, 8.5, 9, 10, 10.5 UK
Brown Suede: 8, 8.5, 9, 10.5 UK
Snuff Suede: 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 UK
Navy Suede: 7, 8, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 UK
:-( I already overindulged again. Need to wait a little now.

Hopefully my size in brown suede is available in a week.

Last edited:

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why oh why did i stumble into the epaulet webstore yesterday and by more boots?

Because, thats why!

philweezer

Reaction score

Hi,

I'm new here on this thread and I have a question on sizing. I've been talking to Betty via email and she recommended I go with either a 7 UK Forest in an EEE or 7.5 UK Inca also in an EEE. Now I'm only 5'7" and I measured from heel to toe is 10 inches and 4 inches on the width of the ball. I know she's the expert but do you think the EEE width is a bit excessive? Also if that is the correct width, will they look like clown shoes on me?

Anyone?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EEE is some serious width. I've only handled DD. giggity

Rincon

Reaction score
Link to which ones you're talking about? Most are on the Uetam last but some are on the Simpson.

If it's Simpson, a half size down would work if the Inca isn't that snug and you have wiggle room.

Also, the Simpson doesn't look Italian to me. I see a difference now between other shoemakers and the Simpson last.
I meant suede chocolate oxfords, sorry: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640214

You don't think they have a low-slung, sleek look?

And you think size down from Inca?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a difference. Loafers have a big opening and Oxfords do not.

And I agree they do have that look but don't look Italian to me still :-D I think Carmina made their own style and it looks fantastic. Doesn't remind me of Italian shoes. That said, I'm not an expert.

I would have sized down for a loafer, not an oxford. Keep it the same if the Inca is snug. My Inca was loose and I kept it the same size and the Simpson fits fantastic. I could have sized down on Inca (meaning you could size up if the Inca is snug).

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered directly from Carmina?

I was thinking of ordering these but not sure what trouble I'd get in to or what the wait is like.

I'm in the USA.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have last comparisons between oscar and forest and rain? In terms of width, toe width, length and instep

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordering is cake...go for it.

This. I get stuff from Carmina faster than shops on the West Coast. I once ordered a pair that wasn't in stock despite being on the website and Betty had them rush made for me and sent within 2 weeks.

calidist

Reaction score
This. I get stuff from Carmina faster than shops on the West Coast. I once ordered a pair that wasn't in stock despite being on the website and Betty had them rush made for me and sent within 2 weeks.

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads