• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a side note, if anyone sees any Carmina Uetam Brown String Loafers (not snuff but the darker brown, and no please no tassels) in 10 or 10.5UK, please let me know. The armoury has them at about $120 more than Skoak once did but Skoak doesn't carry them. As long as they're around $450 shipped, I'm down to get them.

The Skoak shipment was $438 for my Snuff Suede ones. The Armoury says they have them but at a $550 price range, before shipping. I love them but not that much, not when I see what they could cost. :-(

Are they out of your size or do not carry the brown anymore? I'll was going to wait till the first of May to order the brown strings.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they out of your size or do not carry the brown anymore? I'll was going to wait till the first of May to order the brown strings.
Skoak is out of it and won't be refilling the brown suede. And I highly doubt I can get enough for a group MTO for a simple brown suede string loafer.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skoak is out of it and won't be refilling the brown suede. And I highly doubt I can get enough for a group MTO for a simple brown suede string loafer.

Dang...and a group order would take 3-4 months.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be in. But Uetam will not fit me for sure. Rain or Inca, I am down.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Skoak is out of it and won't be refilling the brown suede. And I highly doubt I can get enough for a group MTO for a simple brown suede string loafer.

We have the following String Loafers in stock as of today
Loden Green: 7.5, 8.5, 9, 10, 10.5 UK
Brown Suede: 8, 8.5, 9, 10.5 UK
Snuff Suede: 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 UK
Navy Suede: 7, 8, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 UK

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Barcelona -

Gents....I'll be in Barcelona for some business and leisure next weekend and have a free day to roam the cities in search of some serious shoe p0rn.

Can anyone help me with the following:

1) Is there a Carmina shop in Barcelona?

2) Does Barcelona have a street with a range of high end shoe shop? Like Jermyn Street in London, Vaci Utca in Budapest...etc...

All the best.

Last edited:

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Barcelona - Gents....I'll be in Barcelona for some business and leisure next weekend and have a free day to roam the cities in search of some serious shoe p0rn. Can anyone help me with the following: 1) Is there a Carmina shop in Barcelona? 2) Does Barcelona have a street with a range of high end shoe shop? Like Jermyn Street in London, Vaci Utca in Budapest...etc... All the best.

Don´t know the best shopping street but there is a Carmina store in Barcelona Quite a small store and not as good selection as in the Palma store, not when i was there anyway.
Carmina has the info you need to find it at their website.

Pastor

Reaction score
Carmina Snuff Suede from Epaulet (the very first MTO)

david3558

Reaction score
Ugh! Anyone want to help me with Carmina sizing? I can't seem to figure out what my Detroit size might be...

PS - tried on all the C&J lasts, except 325, in a very thin sock - nearly sheer (didn't have my dress socks with me).

[ATTACHMENT=6083]Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 11.33.29 AM.png (33k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

philweezer

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here on this thread and I have a question on sizing. I've been talking to Betty via email and she recommended I go with either a 7 UK Forest in an EEE or 7.5 UK Inca also in an EEE. Now I'm only 5'7" and I measured from heel to toe is 10 inches and 4 inches on the width of the ball. I know she's the expert but do you think the EEE width is a bit excessive? Also if that is the correct width, will they look like clown shoes on me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads