• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nubirth

Reaction score
I wear 9d (medium) in Allen Edmonds. They fit true to size but are slightly tight because my foot is slightly wide. They have been no problem. I'm interested in the Simpson last in loafers. Carmina recommends sizing up a half size. From experience, is there a need to do that?

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 9d (medium) in Allen Edmonds. They fit true to size but are slightly tight because my foot is slightly wide. They have been no problem. I'm interested in the Simpson last in loafers. Carmina recommends sizing up a half size. From experience, is there a need to do that?
I find that the Simpson is a good match to the 65, with just a bit more room in the instep for Simpson. If 9D fits well in the 65, 8UK in Simpson is very likely to work.

nubirth

Reaction score
I find that the Simpson is a good match to the 65, with just a bit more room in the instep for Simpson. If 9D fits well in the 65, 8UK in Simpson is very likely to work.
The Simpson does look like the 65 last. I will go ahead and try the 8 UK. Thanks for the response.

Late edit. I have lost a lot of weight since I initially started buying dress shoes. I've noticed my Allen Edmonds Strands fit much better now. That means you are correct. Sizing up in the Simpson most likely would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Jeddie

Reaction score
Hey, can i please see pictures of Simpson last in Shell?

Also, I've heard sizing differs from calf to shell. Can anyone with Simpson last in both leathers confirm this?

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, can i please see pictures of Simpson last in Shell?

Also, I've heard sizing differs from calf to shell. Can anyone with Simpson last in both leathers confirm this?
Sure:
D83E7F3D-042D-490F-B9C6-DFCF3A9D015C.jpeg

72EE0545-3039-473F-9311-32276C96A753.jpeg

11738F4B-E610-43D6-BACB-F1BDE4846D07.jpeg

CE572E7E-3489-4029-99ED-06C7974A85D9.jpeg

Re: sizing, maybe just a little difference based on material, but calf will stretch/relax more than shell (which essentially does not). They end up in the same place in my experience, but the starting point is still pretty similar. I take the same size in all materials (including suede) and would not recommend changing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.