• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ademarco

Reaction score
I remember someone mentioning that they requested dark or light cognac when they did a MTO with Betty a few pages back. That said, an individual MTO is super pricey these days :/
I got quoted 650 euro + 40 euro shipping for a MTO in saddle shell for the double monk. Really would love to do a MTO, but would like to get fitted at the store. One day I will make that trip.

I opted to get the cognac shell double monks, another pair of burgundy shell shoes, 2 sets of shoe trees (not sure if they are lasted) and a burgundy shell belt for 1071 euro total. I really liked the saddle shell double monks from epaulet's website, but could not get a response to save my life (PM and e-mail). So I purchased directly from the source. I am currently overseas and asked that she ship it closer to the date I arrive home just in case they don't fit. I originally wanted to get the black shell wholecuts, but kept reading threads stating black shell would not age like the other colors. I still need to get a nice tan/black calf shoe and really interested in the Carmina 80105 in Cuero. Just wish I knew someone that could polish them like the Armoury.

Does anyone know if CA will hit me up for duties/customs fees? I shipped a 15kg box from Beijing and insured it for $1500, but did not have to pay anything (might have been paid by hotel since it cost $600-700 to ship).

Last edited:

diglett

Reaction score
Slow down there, moneybags, you're going to give me a panic attack with those shipping costs.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like that one too.  I think all are shell in that photo.

You're correct, I completely overlooked the word "cordovan" in the description. Would still like to know model, color and last?

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is the Carmina 922 in whiskey/light brown cordovan on the Rain last. Please let me know your size and I will check our stock for you!
Unipair Guy

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unipair, excellent makeups. I've enjoyed your posts in each respective thread

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you Namor! I know you wear a larger size so we might not have your size now but we will add larger sizes in the future.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the US that carries Carmina Brown Suede String Loafers? In case I need to exchange them.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember someone mentioning that they requested dark or light cognac when they did a MTO with Betty a few pages back.
I've mentioned dark/light cognac at various points, but not as a method of getting a darker or lighter cognac. Carmina seem to sometimes refer to saddle shell as "light cognac," which has been a source of confusion when ordering (for me and others). So if you want cognac-cognac (and not saddle, aka "light cognac"), it doesn't hurt to specifically state DARK cognac.

diglett

Reaction score
I've mentioned dark/light cognac at various points, but not as a method of getting a darker or lighter cognac. Carmina seem to sometimes refer to saddle shell as "light cognac," which has been a source of confusion when ordering (for me and others). So if you want cognac-cognac (and not saddle, aka "light cognac"), it doesn't hurt to specifically state DARK cognac.
uhoh.gif

I've decided to just thank my lucky stars that my Skoak jumper boot came out in the shade of Cognac that I wanted, and to never again go for a Cognac MTO. Tooooo risky.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads