• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It would be my first foray into ZB. Sineu fits me really well in the same size as Oscar too. Appreciate the help.
If you take them both in the same size, I'd take that size on classic last. It doesn't strike me as a last that one would size down for really

Baked Potato

Reaction score
There seems to be a wide range of different tassel loafer models available. Which one would you say most closely resembles C&J’s Cavendish model? That last (325) isn’t the best for my feet, hence why I’m going for the closest look alike model Carmina offers. :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone able to compare Oscar to the Zonkey Boot Classic last? Oscar fits me well but I wouldn’t want much more volume.
No experience with the Classic last but I did have a pair on the Sailor last and I'd say to take the same size as your Oscar size. I think Classic & Sailor size similarly but again never tried. I vaguely recall that @stephenaf2003 had a pair or so of Zonkey so he might be able to help more than I can.
Yeah, sorry I don’t have anything on the Oscar. To me the classic is a touch narrower than sailor.

futailee

Reaction score
40% off sounds like a good deal !!

I am wearing UK7 simpson last and it fits ok, should I go down half size in Rain last? Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 145

futailee

Reaction score
Looks like FineShoes - rumor was the owner is retiring or getting into something different. They’ve been running 40%+ off for a while clearing everything out.

Yes it is, too bad I missed the Antonio Meccariello shoes.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is, too bad I missed the Antonio Meccariello shoes.
You didn’t miss much. At the end there they only had two pairs both in 9UK on Chisel 2 and I think they were both really old stock.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think there is a Carmina retailer out in San Francisco and if you want to check them out in person I will be in SF next week!
X-post from our affiliate thread...

Hope you gents are doing well.
I am now fully vaccinated and will be returning to San Francisco for another Trunk Show next week 06/09 Wed - 06/11 Fri (Grand Hyatt SF - Union Square).

If you are interested in a Made To Measure service by Orazio Luciano, Vanacore Napoli Shirts or simply want to check out Carmina, Edward Green, Drakes, Nomos in person, kindly email [email protected] to book your appointment.

Please note, we can only bring the items requested after your appointment has been confirmed due to limited luggage space.
Thank you.
Steve

officine

Reaction score
New Old Stock (of sorts) -- Arrived today via DHL. I've posted this model here previously, but had an unfortunate incident that put the originals out of commission. So a new pair was commissioned, trying to get as close to the original dark cognac as possible. We ended up doing Armagnac.

As a point of interest, Carmina was able to accommodate a regular Rain width in the forefoot and a Rain D width (close to Simpson) in the heel. Worked out great.
2638DC0D-7929-49C1-BEFC-C887920B0641.jpeg

0452F3C7-6E24-4FED-A097-99ED0B3EFFCE.jpeg
B1C4AC3F-BA44-47BF-B4C6-A8A6F0386197.jpeg
BFFC1265-1688-4911-9CAA-F93D70DA596E.jpeg
36B59DAC-0EA6-4F98-BCAC-1CB7304D9F66.jpeg
0F569C97-AA18-4931-81B6-DAEB1A57837B.jpeg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Old Stock (of sorts) -- Arrived today via DHL. I've posted this model here previously, but had an unfortunate incident that put the originals out of commission. So a new pair was commissioned, trying to get as close to the original dark cognac as possible. We ended up doing Armagnac.

As a point of interest, Carmina was able to accommodate a regular Rain width in the forefoot and a Rain D width (close to Simpson) in the heel. Worked out great.
View attachment 1621611

View attachment 1621581 View attachment 1621582 View attachment 1621583 View attachment 1621584 View attachment 1621585
Very nice. every aspect of this commission is Carmina at its best.

thefoobar

Reaction score
How does this work? Because I'd really love a Rain D toe and Simpson heel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads