• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Calway x dead feet...
8B70DEC0-AF40-41F9-A5BB-BAE27F00C82D.jpeg

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please take your pictures elsewhere. This is the official ***** and whine about Carmina shoes thread
I have noticed you comment a lot about the content here a lot. Don't know if anyone has shared this with you, but here is a pro tip on how to immediately improve what you see here
Capture.PNG

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have noticed you comment a lot about the content here a lot. Don't know if anyone has shared this with you, but here is a pro tip on how to immediately improve what you see here
View attachment 1608599
lol, I'm just messing around. I think we all agree this thread has not been so great as of late. I love Carmina shoes.

Wcutsmart

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Tims and Queens lasts? I really like the look of Queens on the Norwegian suede derby.

Braid

Reaction score
Has anyone else received a Carmina custom made or MTO pair and gotten standard soles instead of the specified Rendenbach soles? That's what happened on my pair of GMTO museum wholecuts. Carmina customer support doesn't think it's a big deal... in fact, "The redenbach and the leather sole you have received are not different in terms of quality or durability."

Well, maybe that's true but the fact remains that Carmina sells the JR's as a premium upgrade, so yeah, I can't agree.

They've offered to refund the difference in price between the standard and upgrade soles, give me a voucher for a future resole of the shoes with JR soles when the soles wear out, or a discount voucher on my next purchase. I was set to accept the discount voucher until, on further questioning, it turns out it would only be valid for the rest of this year, and only for regular priced shoes - no sale items, outlet store, or GMTO. I understand about the outlet store and sale items, but the shoe I bought was GMTO to begin with. In effect, I don't have the option to return the shoes for a pair that is made to the GMTO specs at the GMTO price.

Am I being too picky, expecting a GMTO shoe to be delivered as ordered?
I would take the free Jr resole voucher.
Seems quite a good deal, you use the shoes for how long the normal soles will last and then you get the soles you originally wanted. Basically you get few years worth of soles for free, not a bad deal.

The Sandman

Reaction score
I would take the free Jr resole voucher.
Seems quite a good deal, you use the shoes for how long the normal soles will last and then you get the soles you originally wanted. Basically you get few years worth of soles for free, not a bad deal.
True… but for two things:
- I probably won’t wear these out.
- Even with a free JR resole the 2 way shipping would probably cost me more than a JR resole at my local cobbler (Jim McFarland).

Braid

Reaction score
True… but for two things:
- I probably won’t wear these out.
- Even with a free JR resole the 2 way shipping would probably cost me more than a JR resole at my local cobbler (Jim McFarland).
Isn't shipping included in the re-sole voucher? Considering it is their own fault that would be the right thing to do.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Any colour transfer from the jeans? I’m always a bit wary of denim that dark with suede that light.
Not yet mate but if it did I’d not see it so not that fussed. I don’t wear it enough as I do like em..

Tallvik

Reaction score
I've searched the internet far and wide, studied Carmina last comparison (that doesn't seem accurate). But I still need opinions from actual people.

I've got a pair of unlined suede chukkas on the oscar last, where the toe box was a bit narrow - being unlined it stretched but Still made me a bit wary. I think even sizing up half a size would've been tight widthwise.

Looking at the sineu last, is it more roomy in the toe box? Reading reviews it seems like it, but the last comparison says no. I think my forefoot is wide compared to my heels.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've searched the internet far and wide, studied Carmina last comparison (that doesn't seem accurate). But I still need opinions from actual people.

I've got a pair of unlined suede chukkas on the oscar last, where the toe box was a bit narrow - being unlined it stretched but Still made me a bit wary. I think even sizing up half a size would've been tight widthwise.

Looking at the sineu last, is it more roomy in the toe box? Reading reviews it seems like it, but the last comparison says no. I think my forefoot is wide compared to my heels.
Sineu accommodates the big toe well. Bit less the small toe. Great arch support. Have you tried rain? If so, similar fit.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should add, accommodates a high instep well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads