• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those look superb. Just knowing how tall from the ground to the top of the upper would be perfect
I think I asked Carmina about this at one point a long time ago and was told that the height varies depending upon the size. So what you really might want to know is the height relative to other models. I don't have a calway myself but I can tell you the classic high jumper is probably about 2 inches or so taller than most of my other boots.

ETA: Found what I was talking about... see below

1619212500934.png

Last edited:

Usonian

Reaction score
Wow, okay, so they're like really bespoke even down to specific sizes. I presumed, among one style, they'd all be the same height. But yes, mainly relative height is of interest, specifically the 80791 vs Jumpers. This is a way more intensive process than I figured it would be
I wouldn't say they're bespoke; the pattern is just scaled between sizes. Consider what would happen if the size 5 have the same toecap as a size 12? the same eyehole spacing? the same height? the scale would be completely out of wack, and there would only be a range of shoes between let's say size 8-10 that look proportionally correct.

All manufacturers scale their patterns, so you'd just have to consider that a smaller shoe will have a lower shaft height than a larger shoe.

gr8man

Reaction score
Does anyone know those shoetrees included in MTO shell cordovan are lasted or not? Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy