• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Did some inquiry about the recent cordovan GMTO, it only possible to change the sole and nothing else. Would have loved a Calway with a shaft of hatch grain and normal cordovan vamp. Guess they wont do an april MTO event either this year.
I asked if I could change the last and they said no, but if you want 2 different types of shell, then they might do that, since it is a shell event.

yengli

Reaction score
I asked if I could change the last and they said no, but if you want 2 different types of shell, then they might do that, since it is a shell event.
Carmina was quite confusing today when I emailed about this make-up.

First email received they told me you could only change the sole and nothing else.
Asked about other available colors and got told color 4# was also available and I could customise the boot in 3 areas. When I got this email, I asked what standard sole is on the GMTO. Got a response with apologies GMTO is not customisable and standard sole is Victoria. Description says silver and photo's suggest Victoria.

So unfortunately not possible :(

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Carmina was quite confusing today when I emailed about this make-up.

First email received they told me you could only change the sole and nothing else.
Asked about other available colors and got told color 4# was also available and I could customise the boot in 3 areas. When I got this email, I asked what standard sole is on the GMTO. Got a response with apologies GMTO is not customisable and standard sole is Victoria. Description says silver and photo's suggest Victoria.

So unfortunately not possible :(
Well, there is probably an MTO weekend coming up, so you can get exactly what you want then. I just hope Carmina can deliver on your customization.

killer121

Reaction score
Can imagine they would like us to buy into these restricted mto event before the real big one come about

yengli

Reaction score
Well, there is probably an MTO weekend coming up, so you can get exactly what you want then. I just hope Carmina can deliver on your customization.
Can imagine they would like us to buy into these restricted mto event before the real big one come about
Hope they can, not very accommodating to not let me change one panel of the shoe. Considering they offer every choice of cordovan.
hope they have some hatch grain cordovan left when they do the mto event.

Last edited:

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope they can, not very accommodating to not let me change one panel of the shoe. Considering they offer every choice of cordovan.
hope the have some hatch grain cordovan left when they do the mto event.
Perhaps they are trying to standardize more in an effort to improve quality?

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Are they having one soon? I know they did an April MTO weekend event last year, but I assumed that was a one-off and their regular timing for the event is in October which is months away.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Are they having one soon? I know they did an April MTO weekend event last year, but I assumed that was a one-off and their regular timing for the event is in October which is months away.
I don't know for sure. If you ask them you probably won't get exact info.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.