• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Proleet

Reaction score
US considers sanctions against UK, Spain, Italy, Austria for digital service taxes
The US government is moving ahead with possible trade sanctions against Austria, India, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the UK in retaliation for their digital sales taxes. The US trade representative said the taxes discriminated against US digital companies and were inconsistent with principles of international taxation, resulting in a burden for American companies. The USTR started a public consultation on possible measures against the countries.

Spanish manufactured shoes amongst others.
So consider buying before prices increase in the US.
hilarious given the fact those companies barely pay taxes in the US either...just another illustration of how utterly broken the system is

chrfi

Reaction score
Carmina plain toe natural Horween on Oscar last. I am waiting for next MTO to get another pair in different shell color.

View attachment 1587364
Those look super nice, good to see that last shape from this angle, top-down. I need to make a note to myself about these for the next custom event.

Nickd

Reaction score
US considers sanctions against UK, Spain, Italy, Austria for digital service taxes
The US government is moving ahead with possible trade sanctions against Austria, India, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the UK in retaliation for their digital sales taxes. The US trade representative said the taxes discriminated against US digital companies and were inconsistent with principles of international taxation, resulting in a burden for American companies. The USTR started a public consultation on possible measures against the countries.

Spanish manufactured shoes amongst others.
So consider buying before prices increase in the US.
The US saying that someone else is inconsistent on international tax? Fucking hell, that’s the pot calling the kettle black.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: I bought a pair of oscaria boots for my mother from carmina. I antiques them with oxblood colonil cream polish. I have done this same process on other brands with no I'll effect; however, my carminas are bleeding pink pigment even after saddle soaking and using neutral to take polish off.

What can be done? Some users have suggested carmina might have put a sealant on the leather.

killer121

Reaction score
Question: I bought a pair of oscaria boots for my mother from carmina. I antiques them with oxblood colonil cream polish. I have done this same process on other brands with no I'll effect; however, my carminas are bleeding pink pigment even after saddle soaking and using neutral to take polish off.

What can be done? Some users have suggested carmina might have put a sealant on the leather.
Maybe with some acetone or some renomat,
I have no problem dying Carmina shoe after taking their polish off

miamidoc

Reaction score

Pictures would be helpful here. Is it the top dressing that’s bleeding or the shoe dye itself?

Patrick1053

Reaction score
what is the Oscar fit like? how does it compare to rain forest and Inca?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures would be helpful here. Is it the top dressing that’s bleeding or the shoe dye itself?
It seems to be the cream polish that I used that is coming off, as the original shoes were not that colour, so it can't be the underlying dye.

I can get you pictures later today. What do you think would be most useful?

siddeh

Reaction score
what is the Oscar fit like? how does it compare to rain forest and Inca?
Don't have Forest or Inca, but compared to Rain, lower instep but a bit more volume everywhere else IMO (i.e., more room in the toes and ball of feet, as well as bigger heel). If you have plenty of room in the instep for Rain, I would recommend Oscar.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.