• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think styleforum in general is pmsing some of the other threads I’m in are also having its moments lol giving historical lectures and what not. But I’m just here for the shoes
1613984729400.gif

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Politics shouldn’t come into a shoe thread TBH. No one is going to change each other’s opinion and there are other places for it. So, with the greatest of respect, shut up and keep it about shoes.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Final word on my mto, with no intention of annoying any one but wanted to put a pin in it.
So, asked for trees, wish granted, no trees, was given an mto code, asked for trees again, wish granted, mto code cancelled!
That’s me out chaps!

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final word on my mto, with no intention of annoying any one but wanted to put a pin in it.
So, asked for trees, wish granted, no trees, was given an mto code, asked for trees again, wish granted, mto code cancelled!
That’s me out chaps!
?????
Brilliant

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s me out chaps!
Wait.....so you reminded Carmina about your promised shoe trees and in return they canceled your mto code w/o giving you the promised trees? Lol

Wcutsmart

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Balitx last? I wear 9.5 on Rain last but from the picture it seems smaller alltogether?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Balitx last? I wear 9.5 on Rain last but from the picture it seems smaller alltogether?

I tried on a pair of loafers on the Balitx last, and they run small, IMHO. I have a pair of loafers in Uetam, and they are tighter than Uetams, with a low instep. I suggest that you size up at least a half size from Rain - I'm a 8.5 in Simpson, and I'd take a 9 in Balitx.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone obtained instep adjustment through online MTO?
Some forum members have bought shoes with instep adjustments, but this was through in personal order at the NYC Carmina store.
I wonder if it can be done online.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to say this in the past and no one understand this fact. These QC issues, inconsistencies, ignoring specific request etc.. they are Spanish, this is Spain not England (both my parents are Spanish BTW.) These people have unique character, they have a lot of talent but are disorganized and not only miss stuff but sometimes they do it on purpose, if the maker of the shoe doesn‘t like the extra thick double sole he won’t do it, if they are pissed off about something they won’t include the shoe trees promised.. exactly the same thing with Vass in Budapest, and I ordered dozens of them.
Wow, that´s why Carmina is so fantastic accomodating MTOs for shoe lovers (I wont compare to any other maker/country/region). Just check their evolution to fit the international market. So if Carmina is so closed minded go and figure the rest of the companies here. Seriously, your simplistic comment made me laugh..."unique character?"- Please, learn the history of Spain and you will see the social complexity and cultural diversity that coexist here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And that explains why Northern Europe is richer. We can be bothered to do our job. It’s called having a work ethic. Something sorely lacking in Southern Europe. I know this as I have family there?
Wow, that comment is even worse...but yes, Northen Europe is richer that Southern, I know. Carmina has no work ethics, nor do we spaniards (including your family I suppose)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that´s why Carmina is so fantastic accomodating MTOs for shoe lovers (I wont compare to any other maker/country/region). Just check their evolution to fit the international market. So if Carmina is so closed minded go and figure the rest of the companies here. Seriously, your simplistic comment made me laugh..."unique character?"- Please, learn the history of Spain and you will see the social complexity and cultural diversity that coexist here.
I highly recommend these three videos

highly educational.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads