• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
I just looked up my order for you. I am a US 10 and ordered US 8,5-9.5 EU 42-43,5 UK 8-9. Now that I have them, I can assure you that I would not have wanted a larger size. YMMV.
Ahh shit.

Thank you btw. It's greatly appreciated since I purchased several pairs.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh shit.

Thank you btw. It's greatly appreciated since I purchased several pairs.
Honestly they are probably not that different. I dont really like loose socks though. I do think they shrink a bit in the dryer so there's always that option since it sounds like you bought the larger size.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Honestly they are probably not that different. I dont really like loose socks though. I do think they shrink a bit in the dryer so there's always that option since it sounds like you bought the larger size.
I don't like loose socks either. I went with the larger size since I googled if this question has been asked and in an older post in Ask Andy, someone had mentioned they're too tight. I'm going to email them and see what's their input about it.

miamidoc

Reaction score
Present arrived from @Carmina today. Custom 705 Chukka in Natural Gaucho Kudu, Oscar last, “caramello” dainite soles (metal tips my mistake for not unchecking that box since I switched this order from another leather combo). Thanks to Sara for making this possible. :)

Wanted something casual. This fits the bill well. No need to worry about scuffing these up.

AC408B14-C2E4-4CD5-9870-571F9D141E88.jpeg
A53B615E-8CD2-40A3-B49D-C632FDFF1B06.jpeg
8ADB24CA-D295-4BBA-8553-A6D924DEC59B.jpeg

Attachments

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Present arrived from @Carmina today. Custom 705 Chukka in Natural Gaucho Kudu, Oscar last, “caramello” dainite soles (metal tips my mistake for not unchecking that box since I switched this order from another leather combo). Thanks to Sara for making this possible. :)

Wanted something casual. This fits the bill well. No need to worry about scuffing these up.

View attachment 1508499View attachment 1508500View attachment 1508505
Interesting make up, shame about the taps but they’ll not need resoling for an age! Look good on the Oscar last, hope my Chelsea’s aren’t far away!

miamidoc

Reaction score
Is that something new? I did not see those soles as an option last time I placed an order. I take it these are brown dainite soles.
They’re not new. 🙃 I have one other pair of loden suede oxfords with them from several seasons ago. Not brown, more like natural color Carmina stamped dainite-style. A little squishier than branded dainite. I don’t know why they don’t offer them on the customization tool. I suppose you can ask in the comments. Sara offered to add them on. I said sure. Seems to match ok. Beats those weird looking Aspen or country soles on there.

NYCTechNerd

Reaction score
Is that something new? I did not see those soles as an option last time I placed an order. I take it these are brown dainite soles.
They’re not new. 🙃 I have one other pair of loden suede oxfords with them from several seasons ago. Not brown, more like natural color Carmina stamped dainite-style. A little squishier than branded dainite. I don’t know why they don’t offer them on the customization tool. I suppose you can ask in the comments. Sara offered to add them on. I said sure. Seems to match ok. Beats those weird looking Aspen or country soles on there.
I had asked several people at both the NYC store and US customer service about the rubber soles. While they were all vague, I got the sense that they are not Dainite. They also said while they are not a regular custom option, all one needs to do is put it into the comments box that you want the lighter colored ones.

I was also surprised to learn the what I thought was the "black" version of this sole on my 531 Repello Suede shoes is actually "very dark brown" according to Carmina. They also told me, they only offer the very dark brown as standard and the Carmelo if you ask for it.

I first saw the Carmelo used on this shoe:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.