• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Elderidge

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought my first pairs of Carmina recently (decided to jump in the deep end and got 3).

Unfortunately, 1 pair was defective (a panel was either very low quality leather or had loose grain, ie bubbling within the leather). Carmina was nice enough to acknowledge it and send a return shipping label.

However, the item has been received by them almost 2 weeks ago. I contacted them last week and they reassured that taps were being installed and will be shipped soon. I followed up this week and havent heard since.

Just wanted to know if this was normal turnaround times or is it something I need to follow up with them on again?

miamidoc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought my first pairs of Carmina recently (decided to jump in the deep end and got 3).

Unfortunately, 1 pair was defective (a panel was either very low quality leather or had loose grain, ie bubbling within the leather). Carmina was nice enough to acknowledge it and send a return shipping label.

However, the item has been received by them almost 2 weeks ago. I contacted them last week and they reassured that taps were being installed and will be shipped soon. I followed up this week and havent heard since.

Just wanted to know if this was normal turnaround times or is it something I need to follow up with them on again?
Ahhhh yes the glacial pace of correcting orders at Carmina. I’ve had some ridiculous wait times to have an order fixed. I usually bug them every two weeks unless they give me a specific time to expect something.

I’m sorry you are in this situation. I would stay on them. Occasionally they will give a small discount or offer some freebies like shoe creams. Though others report never receiving them.

All that said, it’ll be worth it in the end. ☺

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

hkoldguy

Reaction score

Yes it is typical of them, sometimes they are very responsive and sometimes they just mia for weeks until you chase again

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

nzahir

Reaction score
Can anyone compare AE (fifth or park ave) vs Carmina horsebit loafers?

I am an 8E in AE. Will the loafers be too tight? Feet are a bit wide

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Forgot to take pictures before I started wearing them.

Maiden voyage Burgundy Museum calf balmoral boot. Forest last. Got these for a significant discount on Ebay from Camina USA.

These are my first forest last shoes/boots. I am very happy with the fit.

The museum effect is more subtle on these which is exactly what I wanted.
bal.jpeg

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maiden voyage Burgundy Museum calf balmoral boot. Forest last. Got these for a significant discount on Ebay from Camina USA.

The museum effect is more subtle on these which is exactly what I wanted.View attachment 1469104
Nice! We need moar pics of those boots!

miamidoc

Reaction score

The museum effect is more subtle on these which is exactly what I wanted.View attachment 1469104
Agreed. Moar, please

Phoenician

Reaction score

Those are superb, congrats! They look great in burgundy museum, very classy! I got the same model this summer in blue shell from the eBay shop of Carmima USA. They've become a favorite in the half-dozen times I've gotten to wear thus far.
This Balmoral model is great on the Forest last

20200717_080258~2.jpg
20200717_080244~2.jpg

CWL317

Reaction score
I’m interested in Carmina but the only thing that’s holding me back from purchase is the limited retail presence in the U.K. where I live. What would be the procedure for sending in shoes when the time comes for resole recraft?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's