• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What this thread needs are some Calways ... But wait - what is that knock at the door? Well strike me down with a feathered welt - if it isn't a delivery from Spain! A total surprise as (i) the order is still showing (after 56 days) online as "in production", and (ii) more importantly, I was expecting first to get a call from Chinese customs with a request to pay import tax/duties. The shoe (or boot) gods were obviously smiling on me today.

So here are the key details: Oscar last/tramuntana double sole/ brown karengrain with loden suede. I asked in the notes for all blind eyelets if possible - and clearly it was. I haven't figured out yet what to do with the lacing - could go full balmoral by not threading through the tongue, or keep that and go with mixed lacing. Decisions, decisions.

It's really hard by the way to capture the color of the loden suede - as can be seen in the montage image below it looks different under different lighting. I was actually quite surprised that the color is more of a rich deep green - very happy in any case with these, though I'll need to wait a while to give them a proper outing given the current leather-glue melting temperatures here in Beijing.

As a footnote, many thanks to the members on here, and I think in particular George Red, who got this project on its feet. I only casually dipped back into to this thread toward the end of last year after some absence (my last Carmina-related post before was more than 5 years ago...) - looks like my timing was impeccable :)

View attachment 1431826

View attachment 1431830
This one (below) captures the color of the loden suede best (at least in this indoor near-window lighting)
View attachment 1431831

View attachment 1431832
Smokin!!!

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
After some beautiful transformation, the result is very spectacular! The only thing I would say is the pulling tab were in “natural” colour and it would make a lot more sense if they are to match with the elastic instead. Sadly there wasn’t an option to pick colour in the custom tool so the default I got by Carmina was the natural colour.

View attachment 1431907View attachment 1431908View attachment 1431909View attachment 1431910View attachment 1431911
That's crazy man. How did you do that? specifically the brushed effect.

SRV

Reaction score
After some beautiful transformation, the result is very spectacular! The only thing I would say is the pulling tab were in “natural” colour and it would make a lot more sense if they are to match with the elastic instead. Sadly there wasn’t an option to pick colour in the custom tool so the default I got by Carmina was the natural colour.

View attachment 1431907View attachment 1431908View attachment 1431909View attachment 1431910View attachment 1431911
Wow! Thing of beauty! Work of Art.. Spectacular work. Enjoy them in good health.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What this thread needs are some Calways ... But wait - what is that knock at the door? Well strike me down with a feathered welt - if it isn't a delivery from Spain! A total surprise as (i) the order is still showing (after 56 days) online as "in production", and (ii) more importantly, I was expecting first to get a call from Chinese customs with a request to pay import tax/duties. The shoe (or boot) gods were obviously smiling on me today.

So here are the key details: Oscar last/tramuntana double sole/ brown karengrain with loden suede. I asked in the notes for all blind eyelets if possible - and clearly it was. I haven't figured out yet what to do with the lacing - could go full balmoral by not threading through the tongue, or keep that and go with mixed lacing. Decisions, decisions.

It's really hard by the way to capture the color of the loden suede - as can be seen in the montage image below it looks different under different lighting. I was actually quite surprised that the color is more of a rich deep green - very happy in any case with these, though I'll need to wait a while to give them a proper outing given the current leather-glue melting temperatures here in Beijing.

As a footnote, many thanks to the members on here, and I think in particular George Red, who got this project on its feet. I only casually dipped back into to this thread toward the end of last year after some absence (my last Carmina-related post before was more than 5 years ago...) - looks like my timing was impeccable :)

View attachment 1431826

View attachment 1431830
This one (below) captures the color of the loden suede best (at least in this indoor near-window lighting)
View attachment 1431831

View attachment 1431832
AMAAAAAAAAZING BOOOTS, MAN. 😍😍😍😍

Last edited:

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This, my friends, is what we call ART.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As @Betelgeuse states, the thread is rather quiet. I realized I didn’t post a recent maiden voyage - also museum calf NSTs, though a different model:
A58CCFDF-1058-4A81-A5A0-BB988FB857D8.jpeg

Different light:
0A22BFEE-C797-48B9-89DD-9C7081D5DF63.jpeg

918DC196-75F4-4B1F-A765-79A61D7CFF29.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.