• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

How's your online shopping experience Carnima? I love Carmina shoes and I have bought a pair every month since I came to know about the brand in February. But I have to say that my shopping experience with Carmina is extremely unpleasant and frustrating. I tried to sympathize with the company during this time of the pandemic, but the excuse is getting irrelevant.

Firstly, the name of the recipient is mixed up with the name in the billing address for my first 2 orders. So I had to travel to DHL's office to pick my orders up myself after the names are corrected. Obviously, I was not happy as I already gave feedback on the first order, and then I ran into the exact same issue again.

Then, I bought a pair of loafers as a birthday gift for my girlfriend. When I made the purchase, the website says the shoes will be shipped in 30 days. After 12 days after the supposed shipping date, no one of Carmina reached out to me and I had to contact them. They said my order is being manufactured and ask for my understanding as it was the consequence of the Covid-19 event. However, if it's the case, first off, they should have notified me about the delay. Secondly, all of Carmina's advertising, website pop-up, email campaigns are saying that their online operation and production are running as usual. At the end, I was compensated with a 10% voucher and was late for giving my girlfriend her birthday present.

Recently, I bought another pair of loafers for myself. Again, the website said it is available for immediate shipping. I waited for another 12 days then when I reached out to Carmina, they told me that there's an error in their inventory management and my order is actually unavailable so they will start manufacturing my order. I calmed myself and told them that I need to receive my order in 2 weeks as I am leaving my city for a while and won't be able to receive my shoes. The agent told me she will check with the production department and get back to me. And now, she's no longer responsive even though I've been sending her emails over the last 2 days.

I'm trying to reach out to Carmina in every channel that I can, even messaged their managers on Linkedin. Carmina shoes are awesome but their online service is just ridiculous. So if you guys ever had poor shopping experience with the brand, do speak up so Carmina could see their own problems and start taking online shopping seriously.

Yeah, I had a lot of the same problems. Failure to communicate and to fulfill orders in the specified time. However, once you get a hold of them they take care of you. I received a pair of boots that were delayed a lot. There was a cosmetic issue with them, and they offered to remake them for me. I can't ask for a better response.

And once they do finally arrive (most of the time) the delay is forgotten because the shoes are amazing.

DL120

Reaction score
C42E7428-9864-4AA1-80E8-063C961031A4.jpeg

cant really say enough good things about these!

cop1211

Reaction score
I’ve ordered 4 pairs all cordovan over the past 6 months and never had an issue with communication or anything else, including a pair of MTO British U caps.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that the new driving shoes on the Carminas website are being offered stock in Color 4 (dark finished) shell? I wonder if that means they have more color 4 in stock and that we will be getting another allotment soon?

CMT1

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that the new driving shoes on the Carminas website are being offered stock in Color 4 (dark finished) shell? I wonder if that means they have more color 4 in stock and that we will be getting another allotment soon?

Was wondering about this as well. Right now the only thing stopping me from ordering a pair is that I want to verify that the shoe can be resoled, and a better idea of what the color looks like in natural light, etc.

I hit one of the pics with a shadow/highlight filter to see what it might look like with less hard contrast from what I believe to be the bounce flash used for the product pics, and I dig it.

Jdw2UUD.jpg

Then, of course, is the question of sizing on the Marivent last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads