• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Phoenician

Reaction score

trevorplease

Reaction score
It doesn't get worse. It does temporarily smooth out of you stretch that area tight by hand, which makes me think it may not have been stretched as tight.
At this point I'd like to know if it's just a bad piece of shell or if it's due to the lasting process or something done in error. The other shell chukkas in this thread don't seem to have it but maybe the owners can confirm.
I'd send that back.
I'd probably be inclined to keep it if it didn't have those markings since I love color 8 burgundy.

Goofy

Reaction score

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they confused natural with unglazed? The leather looks rough and untreated.
Those definitely look glazed to me (see the sheen in the last picture) plus to my knowledge Carmina doesn't stock unglazed shells

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re really nice but at the end of the day wrong colour! By a mile. I can only empathise with you as I know how pleased I was with mine so to reverse that emotion after a wait is a pisser.

trevorplease

Reaction score
Whatever the potential confusion is, those boots are botched. They should go back.
After a half a day research seems like all unlined shell chukkas will come with varying degree of this "stretched" cordovan on the side panels. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. (I'd like to be wrong)

serbarristan

Reaction score
After a half a day research seems like all unlined shell chukkas will come with varying degree of this "stretched" cordovan on the side panels. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. (I'd like to be wrong)
I have the 80728 unlined chukka in shell, and there is no part of them that looks like that. I would‘ve sent back if they did.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.