• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
do carmina's come with a 3/4 insole padding, or are they just flat insole like most AE shoes?

bullswin

Reaction score

do carmina's come with a 3/4 insole padding, or are they just flat insole like most AE shoes?

Someone with more knowledge might be able to answer this better, but generally I find Carminas to have more insole padding (especially in the heel area) relative to other shoe brands. In this respect, they definitely seem at the different end of the spectrum vs. AE.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely
Hoping to see these 'on the hoof'.
I love my Carmina shell shoes.

I have to say the shoes are really something to behold. Very substantial feel to them with some nice sole work on a very elegant last (Forest). By coincidence, I picked up a couple of pair of split-toe shell cordovan loafers for C&J for PRL for re-sale. I believe both shoes use Horween, but the Polo shoes just don't feel or look to be as well put-together. Carmina's stitching appears to be done much better, to my eye anyway.

I'll try to take some comparison pics before the C&Js go out the door.

easy_golfing

Reaction score

Someone with more knowledge might be able to answer this better, but generally I find Carminas to have more insole padding (especially in the heel area) relative to other shoe brands. In this respect, they definitely seem at the different end of the spectrum vs. AE.

is the 3/4 padding removable ? i like to throw some full length inserts in my shoes

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
hi guys,

I have stolen this fro (i think). A member caled claus posted a whole heap of shoes that he took a photo of in a carmina shop.

Can any Carmina expert name the model and colour for me?!? Im trying to decide on a pair of tan/medium brown shoes and love the look of these carminas! (the tan/brown shoes at the front of the photo!)

bullswin

Reaction score

is the 3/4 padding removable ? i like to throw some full length inserts in my shoes

No idea. Someone here with more knowledge than me (or Betty from Carmina) would have to answer this.

One thing to consider... some of the narrower lasts (Alcudia, Simpson) might have more snugness and arch support in the heel & instep areas than just about any other rtw shoe. Are you 100% determined to use your own inserts?

Cheers.

bullswin

Reaction score

hi guys,

I have stolen this fro (i think). A member caled claus posted a whole heap of shoes that he took a photo of in a carmina shop.

Can any Carmina expert name the model and colour for me?!? Im trying to decide on a pair of tan/medium brown shoes and love the look of these carminas! (the tan/brown shoes at the front of the photo!)

I'm not even sure what last that is. If this is going to be your first Carmina purchase, I'd recommend first figuring what last and size will work best for you (in terms of fit), and then zero in on the specific model+color you're interested in (between the armoury and Carmina's webstore, you should be able to find something you like).

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say the shoes are really something to behold. Very substantial feel to them with some nice sole work on a very elegant last (Forest). By coincidence, I picked up a couple of pair of split-toe shell cordovan loafers for C&J for PRL for re-sale. I believe both shoes use Horween, but the Polo shoes just don't feel or look to be as well put-together. Carmina's stitching appears to be done much better, to my eye anyway.
I'll try to take some comparison pics before the C&Js go out the door.

very interesting. i note the same attention to sole edging/detailing on my carmina shells. nicer than on my carminas in calf. i presume that they put the extra effort into the shell shoes because of the increased price. this is not something that C&J does. however, I couldn't say my C&J finsburies in shell leave anything to be desired in any other way. very solid, very well put together.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hi guys, I have stolen this fro (i think). A member caled claus posted a whole heap of shoes that he took a photo of in a carmina shop. Can any Carmina expert name the model and colour for me?!? Im trying to decide on a pair of tan/medium brown shoes and love the look of these carminas! (the tan/brown shoes at the front of the photo!)
This looks like model 922c on Rain last in cognac calf . Clicky

Last edited:

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Thanks a heap Dmax.

I am pretty sure i am going to try and get these- just have to find a place to buy them. I have tried the armoury but they dont seem to have them. Should i contact the store in spain? I sent an email a while back but had no response. Anyone know any other places to kop carmina shoes?

hrv123

Reaction score
Has anyone come across a pair of Carmina Suede Tassel loafers other than the ones on The Armoury? I'll be in Madrid this summer and would like to pick up a pair if they exist. Alternatively I'll likely pick up C&J Cavendish before I leave. Any ideas?

Last edited:

bullswin

Reaction score

Thanks a heap Dmax.

I am pretty sure i am going to try and get these- just have to find a place to buy them. I have tried the armoury but they dont seem to have them. Should i contact the store in spain? I sent an email a while back but had no response. Anyone know any other places to kop carmina shoes?
If you're 100% certain of what you want (last, model, leather, size), you can order MTO direct through Carmina. The cost works out to be about equivalent to what you'd spend if the armoury already stocked it. Email [email protected]. The only caution with going this route is that you won't get the hand holding that the great folks at the armoury provide.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first carminas:

IMAG0335.jpg

They are beautiful especially the color and the last. When I tried them on they squeeked hopefully that'll go away once they are broken in

BCN Citizen

Reaction score
They had fail priced their 50% sign, it was not discounted after all.. Which means they still want £500 for it. I emailed Carmina, as you can buy shoes that's not in their online store, if you contact them over email, but they only had this jodhpur boot in black in all their stores. I am going to ask if they have this similiar model in brown of chestnut:

I've seen that model in Brown at Barcelona's store. The sole is Daynite. Priced around .400€

Greetings from BCN,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads