Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. diglett

diglett Senior Member

I feel bad for the chaps at Skoaktiebolaget, since there's so much negativity surrounding their first (I think) MTO, and none of it is their fault [​IMG]

With that being said, Carmina really dropped the ball on this one.

2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

I agree. The guys have been fantastic. In fact, I bought a pair of the black balmoral boots from them right after.

3. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior Member

Agree on both. It´s quite strange that Carmina didn´t say anything since i put the pic of "Nicks boot" in the order form as reference. I know they saw the pic because Betty made a comment on us wanted to have a Dainte sole, she pointed out that the boot in the pic had a leather sole. Anyway, wouldn´t it bee a good idea if everyone that think the color is way off sent a email directly to Carmina? It´s too late to get the darker version of cognac but shows them that people is unhappy. My boot is one of the delayed ones and i hope it´s made from this batch. It would be ironic if i got the darker version since it seams like i´m the only one who think the boot we got was better looking :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

4. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Guys, please send us all e-mails, as a reseller we are ultimately responsible for this order. The majority is very happy with their boots, those of you who are not, please e-mail [email protected] and we'll take care of you. I think the issue has grown out of proportions. It's basically a couple of people (if I remember correctly) who are dissatisfied with the colour and we do prefer to help them directly through our customer service and not on SF. Thanks guys!

5. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior Member

Love the pants :)

6. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Distinguished Member

Love the boots you're wearing Six! Were they an in stock shoe or MTO?

7. joiji

joiji Distinguished Member

8. silentfox74

silentfox74 Active Member

Wow, Carmina seem to have drop the ball on this one. Maybe it is the angle, but the stitching on one shoe is a bit off.

Maybe the colour was miss represented due to the photos themselves...lighting/use of flash/etc.

Nice to see that Skoaktiebolaget is taking responsibility, but ultimately, it is not their fault.

9. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

Leaves, I sent you a PM regarding this. Looking forward to your reply.

10. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Distinguished Member

11. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

I hoped that by focusing my one criticism on Carmina that people would understand that I wasn't taking to the thread to bash Skoaktiebolaget. If I have anything to say to them, I'll do it by email. And I'll continue to buy Carmina shoes. I thought that members following the MTO would be interested to see how they turned out, which will be quite pleasing to many and a disappointment to some. They're beautiful boots in their own right.
    Thanks! Epaulet factory finds.
    They are the standard Epaulet Steinbecks. I think Epaulet's photos are pretty accurate. They're not a sleek boot, but they're probably about as refined as you can get a boot to be when it has a partial dainite sole and storm welt. I think their "bootness" is most noticeable in profile, which most people won't pay that much attention to. I've worn them with suits in wet weather.

12. justinkapur

justinkapur Distinguished Member

I've lightly been following this with carmina skoak and leaves seems to be really extending himself to help take care of his customers even though it wasn't his fault. Gotta appreciate the customer service. It's everything I stand for.

13. JawnGault

JawnGault Well-Known Member

+1 though I can't comment on this specific issue regarding the cordovan in question, my buy experience with Skoak has been extremely pleasant. They addressed a few hiccups that occurred along my own purchase in a pleasing manner.

Hopefully this gets cleared up because most of the boot MTOs I've been thinking of were based on the darker cognac referenced from the horween picture. Also, how water resistent would calf be in walking in light rain? I am thinking of just making a dark brown calf boot. My walk is pretty predictable, and there are no deep puddles.

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

+1

that color is def more saddle than cognac, have you guys tried to saphir them to darken?

15. Calikid

Calikid Senior Member

It is certainly hard to tell for sure by the pictures rather than seeing it in person. Especially after Leaves says it is certainly cognac albeit a light cognac.
    I am part of the 2nd group who has not received their boots yet so of course I am withholding judgment until we see how the 2nd group comes out.
    Below is a picture of my Camina Saddle Shell boots as a reference for Saddle.

[​IMG]