• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Firstly we hope you are in good health and safe.

As you know Carmina manufactures and has its main office in Mallorca, Spain. Sunday night our government approved tighter lockdown measures where all non-essential workers will be confined to their homes.

We would like to thank you for trusting Carmina in this challenging times, specially with your pending order. Do know, as soon as our staff is back in the factory we will resume working on your order but unfortunately there may be some delays in our delivery date.

Our team is still working from home and online orders for items in stock are working as usual.

Keep safe everyone!
Thank you for keeping us informed, sending positive vibrations y’all’s way.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Ok, fellow addicts, here is the state of the shoe collection as requested by some. Apologies for the amount of thread space I'm about to take up and for the less than great quality of the pics. It would take too long to do close-ups of each shoe.

If a brand is not indicated it is Carmina.

The Oxfords
View attachment 1363643

Top Row from L-R: Edward Green Dark Oak Captoe (82), Black Boxcalf Quarter Brogue Captoe (Rain), Tan & Bone Vitello Spectators (Simpson), Polo Suede Captoe (Rain D)

Middle Row from L-R: Black Wholecut Cordovan (Rain), Cognac Full Brogue Cordovan Wingtip (Rain), Burdeo Full Brogue Cordovan Wingtip (Rain)

Bottom Row from L-R: Tan Vegano Full brogue Wingtip (Rain), Tan Grain Semi Brogue Captoe (Simpson), Midbrown Vegano Blind Wingtip (Rain D)

The Derbys
View attachment 1363646

Top Row from L-R: Alden Natural Chromexcel Longwing (Barrie), Alden Navy Unlined PTB (Barrie)

Middle Row: Edward Green Dover Dark Oak Split Toe (606)

Bottom from L-R: Chestnut Karangrein Split Toe (Rain D), Green Vegano 3-Eyelet Derby (Simpson)

The Monk Straps
View attachment 1363647

Top from L-R: Burdeo Shell Cordovan Double Monks (Philadelphia), Cognac Shell Cordovan Double Monks (Philadlphia)

Bottom from L-R: Pompei Vegano (Deia), Brown Vegano (Deia), Black Boxcalf (Simpson)

The Loafers and Slip-Ons
View attachment 1363649
View attachment 1363650

Top from L-R: Santoni Black Deerskin Penny blake construction, Santoni Burgundy Penny blake construction, Harry’s of London Brown Kudu Tassel

Second Row L-R: Cognac Calf Unlined String Loafer blake construction (Uetam), White Karangrein Unlined Bit Loafer blake construction (Uetam), Snuff Suede String with Tassels (Uetam), Navy Suede Full-Strap Penny (Uetam)

Third Row L-R: Brown Crocodile Braided Tassel (Uetam), Rubi Cordovan Half-Lined Penny (Uetam), Brown Vegano Full-Strap Penny (Uetam)

Bottom from L-R: Polo Suede Braided Tassel (Uetam), Brown Suede Penny (Simpson), Brown Lama Calf Venetian with contrast stitching (Uetam)

View attachment 1363658

L-R: Brooks Brothers Cotton Slippers, Dark Cognac Cordovan Side Gusset Quarter Brogue (Rain D), Black Rusticalf Slip On (Simpson)

...and finally....

The Boots
View attachment 1363659

Top from L-R: C&J Chestnut Grain Coniston Captoe Derby Boot (341), Meermin Dark Brown Waxy Calf Plain Toe Derby (Hiro), Alden Natural Chromexcel Indy (TruBalance)

Middle from L-R: C&J Brown Tetbury Chukka (348), Alden Brown Unlined Chukka (Leydon)

Bottom from L-R: Cognac Calf Chelsea (Simpson), Brown Suede Chukka (Detroit), Black Jodhpur (Alcudia)

The Shell Cordovan
View attachment 1363669
These where featured in the prior pictures, but I feel that shell merits its own space. Btw, I'm selling the burgundy double monks and cognac wingtip to make space (wife's orders) for two incoming MTOs. Please message me if interested.

So what am I missing to put this obsession to rest? The incoming Carmina MTOs - who knows when they can be fulfilled at this juncture - are a Calway boot in brown vegano & dark brown karengrein, and an Austerity Brogue in burgundy vegano (both in Rain D).

Suggestions and questions are welcome.

@officine this is a beautiful collection! The ones I am, by far, most jealous of are the Cognac shell double monks. I wish that Horween/Carmina still offered this color, as it really, to me, is the perfect color for brown shoes. Bourbon and Armagnac are both nice, but this was the perfect mid brown and I don't own a single pair in it. I am jealous of everyone who does!

officine

Reaction score
@officine this is a beautiful collection! The ones I am, by far, most jealous of are the Cognac shell double monks. I wish that Horween/Carmina still offered this color, as it really, to me, is the perfect color for brown shoes. Bourbon and Armagnac are both nice, but this was the perfect mid brown and I don't own a single pair in it. I am jealous of everyone who does!
Thank you for the kind words. And, I agree that Cognac is a color that would fit nicely into their already substantial cordovan options. Its the perfect mid-brown, easily dressed-up or down.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carmina short wings

janimal06

Reaction score
Good day.

They are style 80209. I saw them a few years back on a site for the Japanese market.
https://tradingpost.jp/aoyama/9542/

As the Costitx last was unfamiliar to me at the time, I MTO'ed in Rain D.

They are great for air travel, and look good anytime.

I was at Trading Post in December and they still had these. Unfortunately, I’m a UK 9.5 and very few Japanese shops stock that size. Also, the taxes make them horrifically expensive. Might be good for a MTO request to buy direct from Carmina.

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score
I was at Trading Post in December and they still had these. Unfortunately, I’m a UK 9.5 and very few Japanese shops stock that size. Also, the taxes make them horrifically expensive. Might be good for a MTO request to buy direct from Carmina.
I also found Carmina shoes' price are incredible expensive in Japan, Why?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also found Carmina shoes' price are incredible expensive in Japan, Why?

Most non-Japanese brands are very expensive in Japan. It imposes import taxes on foreign-made shoes so as to protect Japan's domestic shoe-making industry/brands, and that pushes up prices significantly. Foreign brands can cost twice as much in Japan as they would in other places.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, we’re going to have a chat with Carmina of Carmina shoes at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern on Instagram Live. Any questions you’d like us to ask?
4F84BFCD-2029-4E36-936C-C1A012E20BC4.jpeg

DrGearTronic

Reaction score
Is there an option to translate the website into English? My Japanese is horrible ?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your browser should offer to auto translate if you're using chrome
Or, if the auto translate doesn't happen (maybe the user previously checked the "don't offer to translate" prompt), you can right click on the page and there should be a "Translate to..." option available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads