• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for another option with a generous toe box, high instep and fairly generous heel, another commonly used last not included on jet-stream's chart is Detroit (available in both EE and EEE). I've only tried the Detroit EEE variant but found it to work better for my feet than Llubi. I didn't own both lasts at the same time to be able to directly compare them but I feel like Detroit EEE might be a hair wider in the toebox despite being more shapely and tapered at the end of the toe.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
If you're looking for another option with a generous toe box, high instep and fairly generous heel, another commonly used last not included on jet-stream's chart is Detroit (available in both EE and EEE). I've only tried the Detroit EEE variant but found it to work better for my feet than Llubi. I didn't own both lasts at the same time to be able to directly compare them but I feel like Detroit EEE might be a hair wider in the toebox despite being more shapely and tapered at the end of the toe.

Haha thanks, but I am trying to avoid generous heel...

I am looking for a tight heel, higher side instep, and enough room in the toe box to accommodate some toe spread that I have. I think I might give Inca a shot.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inca has tight heel compared to Rain or in general ? According to Jet-stream's diagram Inca is the second largest heel - way more than Soller, Oscar, Forrest and Simpson. Would you agree with that ?

According to Carmina's Last description, Inca is considered "little roomy" instep last.

If comparing Rain, Inca and Forest insteps on Carmina's size comparer, Rain and Forest are supposedly equal.

I need to say that I am somehow lost with all this lasts and sizing. I know that my rain oxfords are destroying my feed because of some heel slip. I need something tighter on the heel. I am close to a -1 Narrow width but with some toe spread and higherish instep. Simpson is impossible in my size and sizing up makes the shoes way too loose while destroying my instep. I tried Inca and Forest in store which are fine, but so was the rain shoes that I bought.

Is there any last with a tight heel cup, good arch support and roomy toe box that I am missing ? I also tried soller which are ok, but very little arch support. Maybe Oscar ? It's considered a medium instep last.
Try the sineu last

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks, but I am trying to avoid generous heel...

I am looking for a tight heel, higher side instep, and enough room in the toe box to accommodate some toe spread that I have. I think I might give Inca a shot.

Yeah, was more of a general comment than directed at any particular person. I saw your post about wanting a wider toe box and a comfortable instep and was going to respond directly and recommend Detroit until I saw tight heel cup. Unfortunately, my feet are generous all around (US E+) so I don't have much insight on lasts with narrow heels :)

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inca has tight heel compared to Rain or in general ? According to Jet-stream's diagram Inca is the second largest heel - way more than Soller, Oscar, Forrest and Simpson. Would you agree with that ?

According to Carmina's Last description, Inca is considered "little roomy" instep last.

If comparing Rain, Inca and Forest insteps on Carmina's size comparer, Rain and Forest are supposedly equal.

I need to say that I am somehow lost with all this lasts and sizing. I know that my rain oxfords are destroying my feed because of some heel slip. I need something tighter on the heel. I am close to a -1 Narrow width but with some toe spread and higherish instep. Simpson is impossible in my size and sizing up makes the shoes way too loose while destroying my instep. I tried Inca and Forest in store which are fine, but so was the rain shoes that I bought.

Is there any last with a tight heel cup, good arch support and roomy toe box that I am missing ? I also tried soller which are ok, but very little arch support. Maybe Oscar ? It's considered a medium instep last.

Based on your description, Oscar would be worth a try. Maybe Robert, but it has a bit less room in the toes than Oscar.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Based on your description, Oscar would be worth a try. Maybe Robert, but it has a bit less room in the toes than Oscar.

Thanks. Unfortunately Carmina's NYC store didn't have any Oscar boots with the correct size when I was doing my sizing there...

Never heard of Sineu ... I just read the description on the website. Seems like a good contender.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought about including Detroit, but I only tried it on once and don’t have a good recall. I suspect it’s in the neighborhood of Soller, probably a bit bigger, but can’t state that with confidence. That applies to EE, 3E is not a need for me.
Thanks for the add!

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the chili shell cordovan that Allen Edmonds offers it is a little redder than color 4 and maybe a little browner than color 2. It seems fairly close to Carmina rubi, but the rubi seems that it is a little red. Does anyone know if Carmina can make a pair closer to the AE chili color?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My latest Carmina acquisition. The MTO 80229 (Boots without Shaft lining). Rubi Shell Cordovan. Rain D, as I wanted something sleeker than Rain that's not Simpson, as Simpson is too symmetrical for what I want with this. Decided to take my Simpson size, +0.5 from Rain.

It came out as a pretty dark Rubi. Almost a Color 4. Which, just for this case, quite nice. Because I was one the fence between Burgundy and Rubi for this particular pair make up, and I kinda wish I joined the Color 4 GMTO earlier.

In shades, it looks too dark to be Rubi, but in sunlight, it brighten up a notch and show a very deep, dark brownish red.

Oh, and the unlined shaft part make this a very comfortable wearing as well. (Actually, I learned that unlined shell boots are very comfortable from the unlined Chukka 80728).

Now, for eye candies:

View attachment 1361841

View attachment 1361842

View attachment 1361843

View attachment 1361844

View attachment 1361845
How's the fit of the Rain D?

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I received my last order few days ago :
IMG_20200323_154634.jpg
I definitely love their brown Karangrein !

However, I was confused about their heel finition :
IMG_20200328_000722.jpg
?

I already bought the exact same model (Oxford 80105) and the heel was not the same @Carmina :
IMG_20200328_000749.jpg
Left : 80105 Forest Brown Karangrein
Right : 80105 Robert Brown Vegano

Sfroide3

Reaction score
I received my last order few days ago :
View attachment 1362267
I definitely love their brown Karangrein !

However, I was confused about their heel finition :
View attachment 1362268
?

I already bought the exact same model (Oxford 80105) and the heel was not the same @Carmina :
View attachment 1362270
Left : 80105 Forest Brown Karangrein
Right : 80105 Robert Brown Vegano

Definitely missing the top part. If it was meant to be like that there would be some broguing ... I would ask for a discount or a remake depending on how perfectionist you are.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Definitely missing the top part. If it was meant to be like that there would be some broguing ... I would ask for a discount or a remake depending on how perfectionist you are.
It's more the little stitched part that should be cover by the rear part which bothers me : IMG_20200328_093340.jpg

It should be like my another 80105 :
IMG_20200328_093325.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads