• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live with Paul Kelly of S.E.H. Kelly on Friday, April 10, 7:00 a.m. PDT

Wake up tomorrow and tune in as Peter talks to Paul Kelly of S.E.H Kelly, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 7:00 a.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hand painted green you say ? How do I find out more. I'm already thinking about buying something in that green shell.
Yes, that shell will turn out very special I think; talk with Sara, she’ll let you know all of your options.

jischwar

Reaction score
I believe with the tearing, Carmina was referring to the difficulties they were experiencing during the lasting process. The leather is stretched quite a bit during some of the lasting steps, and this letter from what I understand, runs into some of the same issues as shell.

You shouldn’t experience any issues with tearing of the leather as you wear the shoes. This leather is quite durable, and my care regimen has been to use Bick4 conditioner. I suppose if I wanted to use color, I would use the Saphir Tobacco as Kirby suggested. But, I’ve not followed any of his other methods in caring for my Radnor’s. With that said, his method does not seem unreasonable to me.
Looks like this Chukka is on the forest last. Do you go same size rain and forest?

ErPupone4

Reaction score
I believe with the tearing, Carmina was referring to the difficulties they were experiencing during the lasting process. The leather is stretched quite a bit during some of the lasting steps, and this letter from what I understand, runs into some of the same issues as shell.

You shouldn’t experience any issues with tearing of the leather as you wear the shoes. This leather is quite durable, and my care regimen has been to use Bick4 conditioner. I suppose if I wanted to use color, I would use the Saphir Tobacco as Kirby suggested. But, I’ve not followed any of his other methods in caring for my Radnor’s. With that said, his method does not seem unreasonable to me.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Sounds like I don't have anything to worry about. Figured I would ask you since you've had the leather for a couple years. I appreciate the insight! Looks like I'm placing my order tomorrow!

DrGearTronic

Reaction score
Some pics from after the maiden voyage. Carmina 80339; Robert Last; Natural Shell Cordovan.
I will admit, I snagged an Uber back home at lunchtime specifically to allow myself 10-15 minutes to wipe off the morning’s blooming/residue from the vamp with an old shirt.
As many of you already know, “blooming” is to be expected early on. Once home from work, I wiped them off (again) with an old shirt prior to taking these pics.Wanted to try to let the cordovan do its magic and keep it to the basics today to see if I could do them justice without using any cream polish, horsehair brush, or cotton chamois.
No brushes or creams applied (evening during the lunchtime home visit) for these pics; only circular light pressure applied while using an old shirt.
Gotta love OG shell cordovan!

Attachments

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Some pics from after the maiden voyage. Carmina 80339; Robert Last; Natural Shell Cordovan.
I will admit, I snagged an Uber back home at lunchtime specifically to allow myself 10-15 minutes to wipe off the morning’s blooming/residue from the vamp with an old shirt.
As many of you already know, “blooming” is to be expected early on. Once home from work, I wiped them off (again) with an old shirt prior to taking these pics.Wanted to try to let the cordovan do its magic and keep it to the basics today to see if I could do them justice without using any cream polish, horsehair brush, or cotton chamois.
No brushes or creams applied (evening during the lunchtime home visit) for these pics; only circular light pressure applied while using an old shirt.
Gotta love OG shell cordovan!
Those look great; that colorlooks dark for “natural” shell. Have you put anything on them or is it maybe just the lighting? I prefer how those appear to the sometimes “rawhide” look of natural shell.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply. Sounds like I don't have anything to worry about. Figured I would ask you since you've had the leather for a couple years. I appreciate the insight! Looks like I'm placing my order tomorrow!
Come the end of April, or early May I have the feeling you will be very pleased you did. :thumbs-up:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in on the KA x Carmina GMTO, decided to size same way as rain. Reached out to their customer service which recommended me to do so as well. Looking forward to these!
I went for it too. I think you made the right decision. With Forest, you will get little more room in the toe box.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.