• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how is the fitting of uetam vs inca? is inca narrower?
Nope, exactly the other way around. Uetam is narrower than Inca.

Just got my Sineu lasted MTO chukkas through. Major happy with them. I usually wear Rain lasted shoes, so it was a gamble. The fit is very similar. The Sineu is almost like a casual version of the Rain. Loving the loden suede too!
Oh wow! The last looks really good, I thinks this look like the Hiro from Meermin. I like their chukka but I think the Sineu looks better. If you could share some more pics, it will be greatly appreciated!
So good! Gorgeous boots!

zag73

Reaction score
Nope, exactly the other way around. Uetam is narrower than Inca.

Oh wow! The last looks really good, I thinks this look like the Hiro from Meermin. I like their chukka but I think the Sineu looks better. If you could share some more pics, it will be greatly appreciated!
So good! Gorgeous boots!
Will do. Just on my way to Madrid. Will post when Im back next week. Going forward, I’ll probably go for Sineu over Rain. Really happy with the fit of the last.

Qayyum

Reaction score
Will do. Just on my way to Madrid. Will post when Im back next week. Going forward, I’ll probably go for Sineu over Rain. Really happy with the fit of the last.
what size do you wear. compared to rain last and uetam last?

zag73

Reaction score
what size do you wear. compared to rain last and uetam last?
No experience of Uetam. Same size in rain and Sineu. My gut feel is that the sineu has a slightly higher instep than rain. However, this could be down to the suede.

Qayyum

Reaction score
No experience of Uetam. Same size in rain and Sineu. My gut feel is that the sineu has a slightly higher instep than rain. However, this could be down to the suede.
thank you. I think I'll try the unlined loafer

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Two questions for people:

One: what are your thoughts for Soller as an NST last. Thinking of doing an NST boot on Soller but not sure how the toe would look on that last. Anyonedone it/have photos?

Similar question for a shell oxford on Inca. I know that Carmina already makes some so I can see their photos, but does anyone have thoughts on Inca vs rain for a plain Oxford?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropping these to $525, final drop. UK8E Llubi last, double JR, Amaretto Shell Cordovan. 1 wear.

Attachments

serbarristan

Reaction score

One: what are your thoughts for Soller as an NST last. Thinking of doing an NST boot on Soller but not sure how the toe would look on that last. Anyonedone it/have photos?

Similar question for a shell oxford on Inca. I know that Carmina already makes some so I can see their photos, but does anyone have thoughts on Inca vs rain for a plain Oxford?
Gentlemen’s Footwear has an NST on Soller. https://gentlemensfootwear.com/products/carmina-shoemaker-tanker-boots-in-loden-suede
They also have a couple shoe versions with the thicker split stitching.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NSTs are awesome on the Soller in my opinion. Here is a pair of mine in shell with a storm welt. I also have a flat welt suede pair but I can't seem to find a pic right this second.

Edit: Found a pic of my other pair with the flat welt.

Last edited:

jamesnyc

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for Carmina penny loafer in UK7E size, please let me know. Price at $270 for SF members.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.