• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of Baker’s Russian Calf on any footwear they already own? And have some thoughts about it (how they age, etc.)?
C&J Radnor Russian Grain; first photo is when they were new. Other two are after a year or so. It’s serious boot leather, for serious boot stuff, but also simply beautiful.

5715A212-C93D-4328-B6AC-DDB2A7C27FE6.jpeg

5B45A162-2521-41EA-8B15-689849C01DA0.jpeg

86562FFE-B1FD-497F-BAA8-BEDAD925E02D.jpeg

WNovizar

Reaction score
I believe this is the same leather used by C&J, for their Radnor Russian Grain boots. I can tell you from personal experience, saying the leather is amazing Is an understatement. As for the price, the only makers selling shell close to this price produce shoes nowhere near the caliber of Carmina, so their shell prices are cheap.

The KA price for this leather is a bargain, I’m all over this one. I’m just happy he’s only doing the Chukka makeups, otherwise I’d be purchasing more than one pair.
I have to disagree with you about that. At $695 its on expensive side, especially for non-shell GMTO. Winson ran a Galway GMTO with this leather and its about $450-500

PenguinGuy4

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you about that. At $695 its on expensive side, especially for non-shell GMTO. Winson ran a Galway GMTO with this leather and its about $450-500
Fair enough, but to be honest you and I are not going to agree on much, if you believe Winson is equivalent to Carmina.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, but to be honest you and I are not going to agree on much, if you believe Winson is equivalent to Carmina.
I can't comment one way or the other since I dont have any winson shoes. I can't seem to find it right now but there is a picture gallery I saw a while ago showing the construction of a winson shoes. Some aspects seemed a little crude to me maybe, although I think they are hand welted and some of them have a fiddleback waist. As far as it goes for the Indonesian makers, I actually feel that Winson is the most carmina-esque in terms of aesthetics and lasts, whereas some of the other seem to be going after more of a streetwear vibe. I've never ordered from any of them but just trying to fill in some additional detail without getting into subjective comparisons vs. Carmina or anyone else.

gld edmond

Reaction score
has anyone tried the balitx last? Does it compare to the Simpson fit, low volume instep?

zag73

Reaction score
Just got my Sineu lasted MTO chukkas through. Major happy with them. I usually wear Rain lasted shoes, so it was a gamble. The fit is very similar. The Sineu is almost like a casual version of the Rain. Loving the loden suede too!

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%