• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I'm really happy it came out like it did. I was hesitating to add a medallion at all because I plan on wearing these quite casually and thought most of the medallions look a little too, well, fancy for what I was going for, but I really like how it turned out. I was really aiming for a vibe along the lines of the Tricker's Stow, and I think this succeeded quite nicely in that goal. They're gonna get a ton of wear this winter.
For my part, I was looking for some Grenson Fred style. But I hadn't any visual of this medallion...until yesterday ;-)

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the shearling lined zip-up boot GMTO? I spend a lot of time outside during the winter months. Wondering if the boot is more iGent than classic menswear.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the shearling lined zip-up boot GMTO? I spend a lot of time outside during the winter months. Wondering if the boot is more iGent than classic menswear.

I'm not generally super concerned about questions along these lines, but zip boots seem to work in the same contexts that Chelsea boots do to me. I only object to zippers when they're extraneous, such as ones that appear on lace-up boots. Then again, lazy-man oxfords exist, too..

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
A sharp comparison between bourbon and armagnac shell cordovan, the Forest and Oscar last, and a U-Tip and split toe boots.
View attachment 1295309 View attachment 1295310
View attachment 1295312
View attachment 1295313

This comparison is giving me doubts. First of all, both those boots are gorgeous! I have a pair of NST boots on hold right now pending sizing confirmation in Bourbon. I am now thinking about changing them to Armagnac. I have a pair of double-monks in Bourbon and a pair of the fur lined jumpers on order in Armagnac, but I really can't decide on the NST boots.

I ordered them with a storm welt for a more casual look, but think ideally they would be kind of in between bourbon and Armagnac. I have another pair of jumper boots (non fur-lined) in Saddle cordovan and I don't want them to be too close in color to those (the saddle and bourbon can appear almost identical).

I am really hoping that they are a sort of mid-brown boot that goes with a lot of different other colors, including both jeans and khakis. What do you guys think: stay with the Bourbon or switch to Armagnac? I think right now I am actually leaning towards switching, but which do people think is a more versatile color? Also, do people have experience with Bourbon or Armagnac over time? Does the Bourbon darken, or the Armagnac lighten, as they age?

bennanza

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I got an update on my MTO shoes two weeks ago stating that they were at assembly (https://www.carminashoemaker.com/how-we-work). Do you aficionados maybe have experience / a clue how long the last steps take or should they have been shipped already? I don’t want to bother carmina again but I really hoped they would come before Christmas and I’m starting to doubt that.

Also, I have read that shoes should be received (production + shipping) in 45 business days. Do you know whether this applies only to GMTO or also MTO? I ordered on 7th of October.

Thanks a lot!

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Zip boots are really useful and more versatile than what it may appear. However I'm not sure about this whole cut zip boot in the very refined rain last. Probably if your wardrobe it's smart and somewhat "chic" it's a good fit though

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy Adelaides today:
46FB3CB8-7DD6-485F-897E-89ED432B7965.jpeg

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score
My Jumper boots, Oscar last. But half size bigger than my normal one. I have to use thick socks in winter. However next time I will never choose half size up with boots. May trade off this and order my actual size is better choice.:rolleyes:
DB05C5BF-7A5E-480C-BF4C-229E95F9B7A9.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads