• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bennanza

Reaction score
ok quick question about the current discount situation:
Black friday is over, cyber monday is now? So certain pairs are 25% off, right? There is still written below include belt size for free matching belt for black friday offer. Would we get a free matching belt and 25% off??

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. I should brush everytime I use my shell and use a damp/wet cloth when dirty? I should condition them with Saphir renovateur NOT USE Saphir renovateur use a Fat base product like pure mink oil or use Argon oil base lotion every 6months or when they feel dry and Use Cordovan cream every 6 to 10 wears? Did I get that right?

Thanks for your time and info everyone
I think most people agree that brushing frequently is good, and removing dirt with a damp/wet cloth (I don't think the difference is that great) is also good. Beyond that which products to use can be debated, and might depend on your preferences. Personally, I think plenty of people use cordovan care cream or renovateur without issue that I wouldn't be concerned with them. The Mac Method suggests using a normal paste wax in very small amounts, but I'd probably only do this if you want a high gloss shine (like Alden shell tends to have).

surrender

Reaction score
both of my pairs (brown longwing derbies on Rain, tobacco suede slippers on Uetam) arrive on Wednesday, can't wait

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. I should brush everytime I use my shell and use a damp/wet cloth when dirty? I should condition them with Saphir renovateur NOT USE Saphir renovateur use a Fat base product like pure mink oil or use Argon oil base lotion every 6months or when they feel dry and Use Cordovan cream every 6 to 10 wears? Did I get that right?

Thanks for your time and info everyone
All I can say is everytime I wear my shoes at the end of the day there is some surface dust and some bloom depending on the shoe and day. I think a quick and again I am not a long brusher I hit each shoe for maybe 15 sec a few times on each side the front and done total 15 sec. This is so easy and makes them look like just polished again in 15 sec so to me worth it.

If I had some mud splashed yes I would clean with the damp cloth that day. As for the every 6 months I think the idea is just to do something every so often that gives some nuresmant to the shell. As for the products 6 half dozen one or the other most quality shoe care is not going to hurt shell and will give it nourishment. So just use the brand and flavor that you like the best that you think works the best as really there is not much real difference.

I think I just try to use a product that gives nourishment and does not build up on the surface.

Looking at, using, smelling, I really can't tell the diff between Venetian Shoe Cream and Saphir cordovan cream. I decided to buy this huge jug of Saphir Saphir Universal Cream Polish - Leather Balm (dirt cheep) and really seems the same as Venetian Shoe Cream and Saphir cordovan cream. I would not be surprised if they are not all the same thing with maybe a drop or this or that to say it is different.

bennanza

Reaction score
ok quick question about the current discount situation:
Black friday is over, cyber monday is now? So certain pairs are 25% off, right? There is still written below include belt size for free matching belt for black friday offer. Would we get a free matching belt and 25% off??
allright sorry for talking to myself here but maybe somebody else is interested: This is only the case for one crocodile leather model, maybe they really do this great deal for these shoes.

Just wondering, since I don't see any crocodile leather belts on the site:
Would the matching belt in this case be a belt in the same color but calf? Otherwise it would be such an insane deal I'd have to get them, even if I don't see the need :D

serbarristan

Reaction score
Received my Amaretto order today, but unfortunately now have to deal with my first Carmina QC issue. There is a large, deep scratch on one shoe, and a smaller but still noticeable scratch on the other. Email sent, not sure what happens from here.

Berto1

Reaction score
Received my Amaretto order today, but unfortunately now have to deal with my first Carmina QC issue. There is a large, deep scratch on one shoe, and a smaller but still noticeable scratch on the other. Email sent, not sure what happens from here.
Good luck.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Most certainly Carmina will take care of it.

Unfortunately, Amaretto is not a regular color they carry, you might have to think on alternative colors or perhaps a discount if you are willing to accept the issues present on your shoes.
Hope you find a quick resolution to this challenge.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the sizing recommendation on the Inca last ? Robert last is perfect fit for me in 8.5 UK and Forest just a hint tight in the same size. Can’t do rain due to high instep ...

Those Blue Shell Monks look so hot ...

Can’t figure out how I ll pair them at work though lol ..

zag73

Reaction score
I’ve had the odd issue in the past. They’ve always fixed the issue to my satisfaction. I’m sure they’ll work with you to fix the issue. But it is frustrating when it happens, especially if it involves a remake.

gld edmond

Reaction score
I’ve had the odd issue in the past. They’ve always fixed the issue to my satisfaction. I’m sure they’ll work with you to fix the issue. But it is frustrating when it happens, especially if it involves a remake.
I love Carmina's shoes, but I have been told I was getting a credit for some shipping charges from earlier this year. I have been back and forth on this with them probably three times (including last Friday), I finally have given up. I still ordered some shoes though:)

zag73

Reaction score
I love Carmina's shoes, but I have been told I was getting a credit for some shipping charges from earlier this year. I have been back and forth on this with them probably three times (including last Friday), I finally have given up. I still ordered some shoes though:)
I’m surprised but don’t doubt what you say. Have you dropped Sara a message via this forum?

Meelypops

Reaction score
Received my MTO and its entirely the wrong leather....

CS response is that the artisans will inspect it, so there's that.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40