- Jul 22, 2016
- Reaction score
I've used lots of different products on Cordovan - nothing seems to kill it but certain products can build up and reduce the shine:So how do you take care of your cordovan? I keep hearing so many different ways.Some say to only brush and use a damp cloth when dirty other say to use Saphir Renovateur and other others say not to use Saphir renovateur because It contains turpentine and to only use a special cordovan cream. WHY isn't there a definite answer like calf shoes?
1. I find Argan Oil-based products good to soften Cordovan - Boot Black from Japan;
2. Famaco do a really good cream for Cordovan that leaves the best lustre;
3. Saphir Cordovan Cream is another good cream - doesn't get quite as lustrous as Famaco;
4. Boot Black again do a Cordovan Cream that leaves a similar shine to the Saphir products;
5. I've never used Saphir Renovateur - I've read similar to you regarding its ingredients.
Hope this helps.