• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

frezon

Reaction score

since when? didn't skoaktiebolaget say its 20%?

from their website
"VAT DEDUCTION
We will deduct 20% (correspondent of 25% Swedish VAT) from item prices listed on our web for those ordering from outside the EU. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyers responsibility. "

Ah, I see that I misinterpreted the previous post.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You email Betty and ask if it is in stock anywhere. I would wait until next week to do so though because she is at Pitti.

Herr Brun

Reaction score
Pretty sure the spanish VAT is a little higher 21 or 22% since they increased it last summer / fall I think

No, it's lower. Swedish VAT is 25%, Spanish VAT is 21%. Thus Swedish VAT is 20% of the total price, and Spanish VAT is about 17,3% of the total price.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, Carmina experts. How do I find the 861 in cordovan with a Dainite sole (or Carmina equivalent)?
http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web...86,85,84,83,81,80,79,78,77,76,75,74,73,71,262

This is the boot I've been looking for!

I can't find it anywhere. Do I go directly through Carmina as a MTO? Do I go through a reseller as a special order? Any advice for a Carmina noob?

If that was in response to me, thanks. That's the closest I've found as well. But it is a different boot, in a different color, and not even my size (typically an 11.5 D US).

diglett

Reaction score
With the Carmina site, if you create an account and give your non-EU address, it should show you the VAT-exclusive prices throughout the site.
Thanks, this worked just like you said!
No, it's lower. Swedish VAT is 25%, Spanish VAT is 21%. Thus Swedish VAT is 20% of the total price, and Spanish VAT is about 17,3% of the total price.
After comparing the VAT/no VAT prices, it looks like Carmina takes ~15.3% off of its "list" prices for non-EU customers to account for VAT.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
If that was in response to me, thanks. That's the closest I've found as well. But it is a different boot, in a different color, and not even my size (typically an 11.5 D US).

Yep, I thought, it might work for you.
Good luck with your search

Cacatfish

Reaction score
It seem that in a lot of the photos, the high boots fit pretty loose in the ankle and shin area, even laced tight. Is this common to Carmina boots?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seem that in a lot of the photos, the high boots fit pretty loose in the ankle and shin area, even laced tight. Is this common to Carmina boots?

I have that exact problem and I am trying to figure out how to remedy it. I have tried a tongue pad but doesn't help. The laces are almost overlapping because there is too much room in the upper ankle area. Made for someone with cankles. Any suggestions for fixes would be appreciated.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I think they are supposed to be this way, especially on the high boot. My Carminas are also loose but any tighter it would become extremely difficult walking up and down stairs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads