• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. The soller look massive compared to rain. What’s the sizing advice? Size down half a size when going from rain to soller?
Just passing along the experience for my feet, YMMV,

if I had sized down from my UK8.5E rain size, no way they would have fit for me. As I mentioned, Soller are a little tight on me in the forefoot. For my feet, I need more room at the ball, so a Soller UK8.5EE, would be ideal for me.

zag73

Reaction score
Just passing along the experience for my feet, YMMV,

if I had sized down from my UK8.5E rain size, no way they would have fit for me. As I mentioned, Soller are a little tight on me in the forefoot. For my feet, I need more room at the ball, so a Soller UK8.5EE, would be ideal for me.
Thanks for the info. I think the sketches can perhaps be a little deceiving. Good for general shape comparisons but that’s it.

zag73

Reaction score
Agreed, they are meant to be guides of the shape and styling. Nonetheless, sizing based on this can be risky..
Any chance of getting the length measurements for a rain and soller in size 9?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We had a request a while back to show you the available sketches for a winged boot that resembled the "Calway".

As you know, we have a great archive of models that are both in the making or heritage from other generations. Amongst our selection we have found and polished four options.

We have decided to manufacture a new model which we will number as 80791. However, you all have the option of deciding which boot will be part of our collection.

Of course, we will also create a private GMTO for Styleforum users if you are interested.

80791 3.jpg80791 4.jpg80791 1.jpg80791 2.jpg

Access this link to vote for your preferred model. Link

Rodolphe

Reaction score
@Carmina
-Can we have the comparison between Forest EEE and Oscar, please ?
-Do you have some pictures of boots or shoes with Chestnut Karangrein ?
-At last, I know that you have tan Karangrein but this choice isn't possible in the customise section of your website. What I have to do to select this Karangrein color for a next Custom order ?
Thanks !

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina
-Can we have the comparison between Forest EEE and Oscar, please ?
-Do you have some pictures of boots or shoes with Chestnut Karangrein ?
-At last, I know that you have tan Karangrein but this choice isn't possible in the customise section of your website. What I have to do to select this Karangrein color for a next Custom order ?
Thanks !

Forest EEE vs Oscar last

We will have to check on the available shades for grain and Karagrain. Do you have a model or style in mind?

Rodolphe

Reaction score
View attachment 1284877
Forest EEE vs Oscar last

We will have to check on the available shades for grain and Karagrain. Do you have a model or style in mind?
Thanks !
In fact, I want a Dress Boots 80184 in Chestnut Karangrein (not the classic grain) but I don't know if the Karangrein in Chestnut is beautiful in my eyes, so I hesitate to custom the boots with it or with Tan Karangrein which I will dye myself to obtein the exact color I am looking for...

Rodolphe

Reaction score
@Carmina
Otherwise, the Forest EEE last is a little bit larger than the Oscar's one. So, is it possible to choose Victoria rubber sole with Forest EEE ?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t remember if I posted

If Carlos Santana made shoes, I would definitely buy several pairs. Maybe they would help my musicianship!

PS, I know you meant Carlos Santos, haha ;)
Carlos Santana is a brand of shoe
Indeed Carlos Santana makes some fine shoes; here you go https://www.carlosshoes.com/ maybe Sara would be interested. On the other hand, @Carmina is there any more info on Randa last. It looks very appealing, but I do not see many models on your web site on Randa last.

DapperPhilly

Reaction score
Indeed Carlos Santana makes some fine shoes; here you go https://www.carlosshoes.com/ maybe Sara would be interested. On the other hand, @Carmina is there any more info on Randa last. It looks very appealing, but I do not see many models on your web site on Randa last.
Have you bought Carlos Santana shoes? I was looking into a pair of chukka boots with Blake construction.
The other irony is that its actually musician Carlos Santana company so perhaps peppercorn78 could improve his musicianship.
;)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.