• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

zag73

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience of the llubi last? Sketches from carmina suggest it’s quite a roomy last.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought soller was an elongated last. They look normal length.
Ehhh, I don't know. They are maybe a little extended in the toe. I think people make a bit much of it. They're extended in the same kind of way as the C&J 341. In my opinion they fit and look relatively similar to each other.

zag73

Reaction score
Ehhh, I don't know. They are maybe a little extended in the toe. I think people make a bit much of it. They're extended in the same kind of way as the C&J 341. In my opinion they fit and look relatively similar to each other.
Oh! Interesting you mention 341. I have some loafers on this last. Are they similar? Do you take the same size? Thanks.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh! Interesting you mention 341. I have some loafers on this last. Are they similar? Do you take the same size? Thanks.
Yes, I take the same size. I think the soller fits me slightly better than the 341 but of all my shoes, the 341 seems closest to soller. Others may think otherwise.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Finally, my "last order" from the Kirby MTO arrived today! It took longer than anticipated due to the sneaker sole was out of stock.

Here it is, right out of the box.

80650 Sneaker. Black rusticalf + Tan rusticalf, and red laces. Soller last (because I want something more "sporty" and "sleek" than Calvia).

DSCF3343.jpg

Why this color combination though? Well, I actually modeled this one after my favorite dog, with his red collar.

DSCF3347-2.jpg

And here's the close up:

DSCF3364.jpg

While the waiting was long, but this definitely worths it :)

Last edited:

zag73

Reaction score
Yes, I take the same size. I think the soller fits me slightly better than the 341 but of all my shoes, the 341 seems closest to soller. Others may think otherwise.
Which would you say is more generous?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.