• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I need some shearling boots for winter.
@Carmina
We have a couple boots with fur lining if you are interested.

Does anyone know what's up with Carmina shoe trees these days?

I ordered a pair of shoes with trees for the waived MTO but the shoes arrived without them. Looking at the website it seems they are sold out of the normal model and they only have those fancy beechwood trees for sale.

I emailed [email protected] about the issue, but I have not received a reply in a week.
We are transitioning to a new shoetree provider and stock is being challenging at the moment since we receive very few shoetrees at a time.

Hopefully all sizes should be in stock in the next few months. When we receive stock we automatically ship shoetrees for the pending orders.

Hey @Carmina would you be able to relast a size 8 shoe to a 7 if we send the shoes for resoling. If possible how much would it be?
It greatly depends on the model, please send us the request to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist.

@Carmina please add me to the waitlist for both Color #4 and Amaretto Shell please. Thank you!
Already waitlisted, Thank you!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Colour 4 Horween Cordovan GMTO,

These are the confirmed orders for the time being, please remember the GMTO will close today.

We will be offering the rest of the slots to the waitlisted users depending on stock availability.

1. @Vocans confirmed
2. @flylikeneagle
3. @CrashBurner confirmed
4. @budapest12
5. @jamesnyc asked to be waitlisted
6. @stook1
7. @up1911fan
8. @ThinkDerm
9. @bootyboy confirmed
10. @huskiee
11. @Mr Clemson
12. @danadd94 confirmed
13. @p1yhRZks
14. @Blastwice confirmed

These are the wait-listed users, you will have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

@jamesnyc
@serbarristan
@Perfectcircles
@oskrusa
@dfgiop
@Charllesun
@montanasnipper
@rgweiser53
@moondog-sparky
@Thilgela
@mugenlove
@goalaso
@chocol8max
@etl
@AlucardX
@Shawnc
@lcdx22
@Churchill W
@George Red
@Gertoshav
@jctune
@Joe Schmoe
@neelp3
@Mothetgoo

Charllesun

Reaction score
We have a couple boots with fur lining if you are interested.

We are transitioning to a new shoetree provider and stock is being challenging at the moment since we receive very few shoetrees at a time.

Hopefully all sizes should be in stock in the next few months. When we receive stock we automatically ship shoetrees for the pending orders.

It greatly depends on the model, please send us the request to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist.

Already waitlisted, Thank you!
Yes,I’m interested in the fur lining boots.
Can be found on your website?

oskrusa

Reaction score
Colour 4 Horween Cordovan GMTO,

These are the confirmed orders for the time being, please remember the GMTO will close today.

We will be offering the rest of the slots to the waitlisted users depending on stock availability.

1. @Vocans confirmed
2. @flylikeneagle
3. @CrashBurner confirmed
4. @budapest12
5. @jamesnyc asked to be waitlisted
6. @stook1
7. @up1911fan
8. @ThinkDerm
9. @bootyboy confirmed
10. @huskiee
11. @Mr Clemson
12. @danadd94 confirmed
13. @p1yhRZks
14. @Blastwice confirmed

These are the wait-listed users, you will have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

@jamesnyc
@serbarristan
@Perfectcircles
@oskrusa
@dfgiop
@Charllesun
@montanasnipper
@rgweiser53
@moondog-sparky
@Thilgela
@mugenlove
@goalaso
@chocol8max
@etl
@AlucardX
@Shawnc
@lcdx22
@Churchill W
@George Red
@Gertoshav
@jctune
@Joe Schmoe
@neelp3
@Mothetgoo
Thanks @Carmina, for providing this update.
I was wondering if you requested more col4 shell from Horween already and if you have an estimated time of arrival.

Thank-you for all the work you put out for this community.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina - I placed my order and got confirmation maybe about a week ago. I’m concerned it doesn’t show me as confirmed above.

Pm sent.

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina, please add me to color 4. It'll be a while, but might as well put my name on the list

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes,I’m interested in the fur lining boots.
Can be found on your website?
You currently have these two fur lined boots in Carmina's website. We also have a couple other models you could have custom made. Link link

Thanks @Carmina, for providing this update.
I was wondering if you requested more col4 shell from Horween already and if you have an estimated time of arrival.

Thank-you for all the work you put out for this community.
We have requested more colour 4 shell cordovan although we have not had the quantities confirmed. As soon as we receive more details, I will let you know.

It is certainly a pleasure.

@Carmina - I placed my order and got confirmation maybe about a week ago. I’m concerned it doesn’t show me as confirmed above.

Pm sent.
Might have skipped your order, please confirm via PM.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina I’m in for a boot but am traveling until Friday. Any way I can get a few more days? I’ll try to get it finished ASAP.

Guys - should I go with the NST or jumper boot? I’m torn. Thinking double leather soles with storm welt and polished gold/brass eyelets. Oscar or forest last?

JoeRogan

Reaction score
@Carmina I’m in for a boot but am traveling until Friday. Any way I can get a few more days? I’ll try to get it finished ASAP.

Guys - should I go with the NST or jumper boot? I’m torn. Thinking double leather soles with storm welt and polished gold/brass eyelets. Oscar or forest last?
Oscar jumper imo

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oscar jumper imo
That’s my go to and lean as well. I’m considering the shorter shaft 80179 versus the 80184. That a mistake? Also, would double leather JR with a storm welt look okay together? I always struggle with these make ups because I’m a visual person and really prefer seeing the final look before ordering haha.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
That’s my go to and lean as well. I’m considering the shorter shaft 80179 versus the 80184. That a mistake? Also, would double leather JR with a storm welt look okay together? I always struggle with these make ups because I’m a visual person and really prefer seeing the final look before ordering haha.
I think it mostly depends on what you want the boot to be for, whether it's going to be more casual or formal. The most versatile model would be the shorter jumper, and my personal preference with that is the storm welt, then going JR leather sole keeps it a bit less casual than Dainite or the Victory. I'd suggest doing an all-eyelets jumper boot model though, like the 973. I think that model, brass eyelets, double leather sole with storm welt, and Oscar last would be killer.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it mostly depends on what you want the boot to be for, whether it's going to be more casual or formal. The most versatile model would be the shorter jumper, and my personal preference with that is the storm welt, then going JR leather sole keeps it a bit less casual than Dainite or the Victory. I'd suggest doing an all-eyelets jumper boot model though, like the 973. I think that model, brass eyelets, double leather sole with storm welt, and Oscar last would be killer.
That’s what I’m thinking. I’m going with that. I may do the wheeling on the storm welt though (46 HC). Appreciate it!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm afraid I would have to offer any available slots to the wait-listed. Nonetheless, I can add you to the wait list just as we did with @jamesnyc. You would still have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I would have to offer any available slots to the wait-listed. Nonetheless, I can add you to the wait list just as we did with @jamesnyc. You would still have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.
I’ll get it done today. No worries. Haha

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.