• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

KKL81

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with Carmina shoe trees these days?

I ordered a pair of shoes with trees for the waived MTO but the shoes arrived without them. Looking at the website it seems they are sold out of the normal model and they only have those fancy beechwood trees for sale.

I emailed [email protected] about the issue, but I have not received a reply in a week.

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
Is there a leather gallery of swatches or finished shoes to get a better picture of all the leather options Carmina has for custom orders?

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Is there a leather gallery of swatches or finished shoes to get a better picture of all the leather options Carmina has for custom orders?
If you can visit the store they have books with the leather, if not what I usually do is google the name of the leather+ carmina. E.g: brown lama Carmina

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

More advice needed... Trying to open my mind to other possibilities for my pending #4 order. Which of these is less formal? Both could theoretically be done with medallions as well. The cap toe could also be without the perforations.

Capture11.JPG

Capture12.JPG

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

More advice needed... Trying to open my mind to other possibilities for my pending #4 order. Which of these is less formal? Both could theoretically be done with medallions as well. The cap toe could also be without the perforations.

View attachment 1280826

View attachment 1280827
#2 is much less formal. I have a pair of the top model in museum calf and sadly don't get to wear them much anymore because I rarely have call to wear balmorals these days.

mak1277

Reaction score
Cross posting for best results:

Can anyone provide a comparison between the Alden 379X last and the Carmina Llubi last?

Thanks

SonnyUte

Reaction score
New to Carminas. I have been searching the web and this thread and can’t find the answers to these questions:
Is the waiver MTO still open?
If so, there info somewhere on how to about submitting an order?

bryanljs

Reaction score
New to Carminas. I have been searching the web and this thread and can’t find the answers to these questions:
The last MTO weekend was available from the 10th to 13th October so I don't think they're gonna do it again anytime soon.
If you go to the website and click customize, you can choose the last/designs/materials you want from Carmina and MTO fee would be waived at checkout.

Last edited:

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Not open any more, but keep an eye on this thread. Carmina offers MTO fee waiver on their website 2 or 3 times a year. This year they've also run SF focused MTO promotional events 5 or 6 times. Sara @Carmina communicates these events on this thread.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on them for Black Friday. They usually run some sort of special, but not necessarily an MTO waiver (I think they did once a few years back, though?).

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with Carmina shoe trees these days?

I ordered a pair of shoes with trees for the waived MTO but the shoes arrived without them. Looking at the website it seems they are sold out of the normal model and they only have those fancy beechwood trees for sale.

I emailed [email protected] about the issue, but I have not received a reply in a week.
I suggest you DM Sara, she’s very responsive to resolving issues.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%