• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

diglett

Reaction score
^ Plasma, here are a few points that will help answer some questions of yours.

-We buy from other retailers because they receive products from Carmina that Carmina doesn't sell directly.
-"MTO" is indeed "made to order," and a MTO request can be made by emailing Carmina directly and discussing with them what you want to have done.
-Finally, Carmina's e-store has a fairly limited stock, compared to what they actually make. If you see something that's not for sale on their website, you can contact them and possibly find what you're looking for in one of their boutiques, which I would guess (but I'm not sure) would have the same pricing as their e-store.
-If you see something you like on the e-store, go for it; you're not going to find lower prices anywhere else.

Reaction score
^ Plasma, here are a few points that will help answer some questions of yours.

-We buy from other retailers because they receive products from Carmina that Carmina doesn't sell directly.
-"MTO" is indeed "made to order," and a MTO request can be made by emailing Carmina directly and discussing with them what you want to have done.
-Finally, Carmina's e-store has a fairly limited stock, compared to what they actually make. If you see something that's not for sale on their website, you can contact them and possibly find what you're looking for in one of their boutiques, which I would guess (but I'm not sure) would have the same pricing as their e-store.
-If you see something you like on the e-store, go for it; you're not going to find lower prices anywhere else.
Thanks for the clarifications ;). I think I'll go with that pair then :).

Moloch38

Reaction score
Does the Carmina e-boutique and other stores (like The Armoury) sell their shoes with shoe trees and bags or is that just MTO or does it depend on the retailer? Thanks.

hst

Reaction score
With bags, yes. Shoe trees (non lasted ones) cost extra.

Moloch38

Reaction score
Thanks, just wanted to make sure before I placed an order. I really want to order some wholecuts but am trying to movitate myself to make the dive. The choice between calf and shell cordovan isn't making it any easier. Thinking calf would break in and shine up the best. I really don't like captoes and want to get a new black and brown oxford/derby shoe for suiting up.

doughie

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks, just wanted to make sure before I placed an order. I really want to order some wholecuts but am trying to movitate myself to make the dive. The choice between calf and shell cordovan isn't making it any easier. Thinking calf would break in and shine up the best. I really don't like captoes and want to get a new black and brown oxford/derby shoe for suiting up.
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-910-rain-black-calf

3400 SEK - 20% VAT + 300 SEK for shipping.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

VAT is actually 25%.

since when? didn't skoaktiebolaget say its 20%?

from their website
"VAT DEDUCTION
We will deduct 20% (correspondent of 25% Swedish VAT) from item prices listed on our web for those ordering from outside the EU. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyers responsibility. "

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the spanish VAT is a little higher 21 or 22% since they increased it last summer / fall I think

david123

Reaction score

Pretty sure the spanish VAT is a little higher 21 or 22% since they increased it last summer / fall I think

With the Carmina site, if you create an account and give your non-EU address, it should show you the VAT-exclusive prices throughout the site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads