• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ventanaman

Reaction score
The eyelets are an interesting touch.
I'm looking at Forest last for my next pair - how do you find it compared to Rain?
Well, it is definitely shorter with a similar width.

For me, the heel feels more snug and the collar extends slightly higher (which I like). Overall feels like a slightly lower volume, but that is subjective. Forest is less modern than the Rain, but more modern than AE65.

I have a high instep and this is a great fit, whereas I have to size wider in AE65 for comfort.

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Nice I’m thinking of doing a similar make-up, but probably on the Detroit last. Debating between U and NST.

I’ll do a rubber sole - I was leaning to Victoria but may consider commando. Haven’t tried either from Carmina yet - do you guys have recomendación on either?

Also - was there a surcharge for removing the split?
There's no surcharge. Sara did ask me on which model and last I wanted to base the makeup, and after seeing my response she confirmed there would be no upcharge.

zag73

Reaction score
@Carmina any chance of a comparison between sineu and rain? I need room on the big toe and instep. The instep on the rain last is pretty much perfect. Is the sineu similar?

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
For so long I wanted a pair of unlined loafers on Genova last. However, I'd been so unsure about my size on this last. Should I be taking my Uetam size .... or should I be taking Xim size.

Finally, I pull the trigger as there's a pair in the Outlet .... worth a try, I thought.

Here they are, during the initial try-out wear :)

DSCF3280.jpg

zag73

Reaction score
None, unfortunately.
Only with rain, inca, forest and oscar.
I usually wear rain as it accommodates a high instep and big toe space. Tried forest and it was a good fit but a bit tight on the side of my big toes.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may help some considering Oscar or Forest. Acknowledging that the leathers are entirely different, these fit and look almost identical to me. The cordovan derby and suede NST are on the Forest last and the boot is on the Oscar last.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear rain as it accommodates a high instep and big toe space. Tried forest and it was a good fit but a bit tight on the side of my big toes.
You might consider forest eee. I had similar issues with the normal width and found the eee to be much better for me.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of Rain last worn casually (ie. Denim and/or khakis).

zag73

Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of Rain last worn casually (ie. Denim and/or khakis).
All my Carninas are rain. One thing I will say, is that material and style make a huge difference. The jumpers are hard to pull off with jeans. They’re surprisingly formal looking. Also , the blue suede loafers also look very formal but the vegano brown loafers look more casual.

Attachments

bryanljs

Reaction score
Hey all, quick question. For those that have sized up half from your standard UK size on the Simpson, how do you feel about the length? Does it bother you? I'm not sure if a brown suede chelsea in Rain or Simpson would be best for me. I have the rain last captoe oxford and they fit me okay.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40