• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Last edited:

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Ive finally submitted my color 4 "u tip" boot order. My inspirations were C&J Galway 2 and @mdubs wonderful indy stitch boots on the grant last. Hoping it will end up closer to Mike's Indys but with a storm welt

View attachment 1279268

View attachment 1279265
Nice, what last did you go with?

I'm still debating my order. I thought I had it figured out but reconsidering the level of formality since I want to be able to wear the #4 pair often and I'm not sure how successfully I can pair rain with khakis or denim.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm still debating my order. I thought I had it figured out but reconsidering the level of formality since I want to be able to wear the #4 pair often and I'm not sure how successfully I can pair rain with khakis or denim.
Maybe consider Forest? I like it as an in-betweener casual/formal last.

flylikeneagle

Reaction score

I went with Oscar last, chestnut edging,and double JR with metal (lulu) tips. I considered ridgeway sole with flat welt, but like you I would also like this pair to be versatile so went with double JR.

oskrusa

Reaction score
I went with Oscar last, chestnut edging,and double JR with metal (lulu) tips. I considered ridgeway sole with flat welt, but like you I would also like this pair to be versatile so went with double JR.
I am assuming you went with Model 80488, correct?
Whats the surcharge to remove the split?

oskrusa

Reaction score

Ummm, whenever I get my opportunity, I will go with Detroit or Soller.

Since you already have the NSTs on Soller, Detroit, with its squarish toes, might be a good bet.

bootyboy

Reaction score

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ummm, whenever I get my opportunity, I will go with Detroit or Soller.

Since you already have the NSTs on Soller, Detroit, with its squarish toes, might be a good bet.
I actually have 2 pairs on Detroit and I think I like the soller fit a little better. In fact, i think i like the look of soller better too, although I can't articulate exactly why (aside from the obvious toe shape diff).

I was originally dead set on a rain jumper but second guessing, as usual.

oskrusa

Reaction score
I actually have 2 pairs on Detroit and I think I like the soller fit a little better. In fact, i think i like the look of soller better too, although I can't articulate exactly why (aside from the obvious toe shape diff).

I was originally dead set on a rain jumper but second guessing, as usual.
Whenever you have a chance, please take a side by side pict of Detroit and Soller and share it. I still need to decide which one to go with.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever you have a chance, please take a side by side pict of Detroit and Soller and share it. I still need to decide which one to go with.
Will do, I can also include some other makers/lasts if helpful. Just PM me what you have in mind. I will try to get this for you tonight.

Edit: I'll include my Harlechs as well. That will be a good comparison since I know you have a pair too.

huskiee

Reaction score
Nice I’m thinking of doing a similar make-up, but probably on the Detroit last. Debating between U and NST.

I’ll do a rubber sole - I was leaning to Victoria but may consider commando. Haven’t tried either from Carmina yet - do you guys have recomendación on either?

Also - was there a surcharge for removing the split?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice I’m thinking of doing a similar make-up, but probably on the Detroit last. Debating between U and NST.

I’ll do a rubber sole - I was leaning to Victoria but may consider commando. Haven’t tried either from Carmina yet - do you guys have recomendación on either?

Also - was there a surcharge for removing the split?
I am also debating between the U and NST. I'm currently leaning towards the NST. I'm also debating between the Oscar and Forest lasts. I'm going with the double JR sole like @flylikeneagle.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40