• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried about the creasing location on my left pair? View attachment 1277678
Honestly I think it is personal thing if it bothers you. I have I think 2 pair that do this exact same crease almost the same spot. I at one point I thought maybe the shoe was to small and my foot flexed to close to the front but the fit is great so how could this be. I agree it does not look great in that particular spot. You asked should you be worried if you mean will the boot fall apart or something like that, no. Maybe it should have been lasted tighter in that spot to prevent this I don't know. It could flatten out as the shell breaks in hard to say, I think the pairs I have it does look less then when new. If I was you I would put some cream on them this give the shell some nourishment IMO especially when new and just enjoy.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I demand more pics of those beauties! I think the Soller last looks great too. Definitely need to try it at some point.
Thanks, I will generate an album for this pair. Unfortunately, home very late last night and weather isn't cooperating today.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect they’re slightly too big for you . Too much volume around that area.
Yeah, I agree. Not end of the world or anything. You can probably get away with wearing them with bigger socks.

huskiee

Reaction score
Has anyone done a make-up of NST with a forrest last?

Generally how does the Forrest compare to the Soller for boots?

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a make-up of NST with a forrest last?

Generally how does the Forrest compare to the Soller for boots?
Forest is a pretty common last for the NST. If you search, you should be able to find plenty of them. I'd go with fit above anything else but with that said, I personally prefer the look of soller nst to forest nst. Mainly because the toe is a little more pointy and tapered from the vamp to the tip of the toe. The front edge of the toe on the forest is higher.

I actually like the forest, in particular the EEE seems to fit me really well, but the Soller is also a good fit for me and prefer the Soller look on a more casual shoe.

By the way, you didn't ask but I'm pretty convinced that a Detroit NST would look terrific. I think it would approximate the look of an Alden Plaza NST, the last shapes arent quite as different as you might think. I considered it for the natural pair i posted last night but wanted to try the soller since I already have 2 pairs on detroit. Rain and Oscar are also good for the NST, in my opinion.

Last edited:

danadd94

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%