• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well now's the real dilemma, I'm 12th for color 4 so there's a good chance there may not be enough. Now, do I order something else from the MTO? Decisions, decisions...
I'd be astonished if Carmina isn't working to get more color 4 given that there are at least 30 people on the list. The demand is much more apparent than Amaretto, which they brought back after the small event in the spring.

I think I am 6 on the list and also ordering boots but I bet there will be some shoes ordered.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I'd be astonished if Carmina isn't working to get more color 4 given that there are at least 30 people on the list. The demand is much more apparent than Amaretto, which they brought back after the small event in the spring.

I think I am 6 on the list and also ordering boots but I bet there will be some shoes ordered.
What is exactly color 4, please ?

mugenlove

Reaction score
@Carmina May I know what your current interest list looks like for the color 4? So I can know where I am on the list. I placed my interest on Sept 13th.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I please trouble you for a photo of snuff vs polo colour?
Let me try to snap a few pictures tonight for you. Polo has a hint of red to it (at least IMO), while snuff is a warmer brown. I just prefer snuff. I also like tobacco more than polo, but again it's a personal preference.

Darkkp

Reaction score
The two soles make a 6mm edge, but the Victoria got 2,5mm of studs in addition (they can not be seen from the outside). So Dainite is thinner, slider and a little bit more flexible ; Victoria, without making a bigger edge, is thicker (better for cold season and rain), stronger, a little bit more grippy and more durable.
Personnaly, I prefer Victoria.
Wow, thanks for the great detailed answer.

zag73

Reaction score
Let me try to snap a few pictures tonight for you. Polo has a hint of red to it (at least IMO), while snuff is a warmer brown. I just prefer snuff. I also like tobacco more than polo, but again it's a personal preference.
Is tobacco more yellow? Got any pictures?

bamgrinus

Reaction score
I agree that the tobacco has a reddish tone...I seem to remember a couple retailers calling it "fox suede" at one point. It's really hard to capture what suede looks like in photos because it can change pretty dramatically depending on lighting.

zag73

Reaction score
I agree that the tobacco has a reddish tone...I seem to remember a couple retailers calling it "fox suede" at one point. It's really hard to capture what suede looks like in photos because it can change pretty dramatically depending on lighting.
Are they sufficiently different to snuff?

danadd94

Reaction score

Well, I've decided that it's 2 different boots I want anyways. So, I've decided to order one from the MTO weekend, sell some stuff I don't really need anymore, then get a pair of color 4 too if there's enough material for another boot! I have a boot problem.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.