• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Lloret? I've never even heard of that one.

Maybe they already do this on instagram or something (I don't use instagram), but it'd be cool if there were some sort of announcement when new lasts came out. I feel like I'm losing track of them all.

danadd94

Reaction score
Lloret? I've never even heard of that one.

Maybe they already do this on instagram or something (I don't use instagram), but it'd be cool if there were some sort of announcement when new lasts came out. I feel like I'm losing track of them all.
Yeah, looks like they only use it for the 80548 derby boot, the more i search, here's the link: https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mto-finished-2198/derby-boots-burgundy-80548?_ga=2.38365923.1761209571.1570464551-1439687261.1567641797

I'd guess it's similar to the rain last last, based off their description but I'm interested in seeing if anyone else knows anything! I'm digging the shape of it.

zag73

Reaction score
View media item 2293799

I thought this based on some pics, but the Inca pair I have seem a bit lighter in reality. I'm not sure if it was a one off or if it's a slightly different leather.
I think you can ask carmina to darken them. I believe Carnina colour the vegano themselves.

danadd94

Reaction score
Also @Carmina , will the color 4 group receive an waive for the MTO fee and is there an updated estimate of when it will be available? I'm trying to decide if I order something in Armagnac now or wait for color 4... Thanks in advance!

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
Absolutely stunning. How do you find cordovan as a boot? Much different than leather in terms of flexibility?
In general I love Cordovan as a boot, though I tend to baby them..

I would make a comment about these particular boots. The Victoria Rubber sole can feel uncomfortable. The V tends to push against the balls of my feet when I walk. For me it is acceptable comfort for such a lovely boot but others may find it a deal breaker.

chatelet

Reaction score
Does anyone own both polo and snuff suede? Any views on what is nicer or more versatile?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own both polo and snuff suede? Any views on what is nicer or more versatile?
I suspect many/most on SF may prefer polo, perhaps because it is still a little less popular, but I own both and find myself going for the snuff much more often (and own a lot more snuff suede than polo suede). It's the OG suede for me. :cool:

gianm

Reaction score
Does the shoe care kit deal extend into the weekend or is it only for early SF orders?

Thilgela

Reaction score
Does anyone have any fitment knowledge of the lloret last? I'm thinking of doing an MTO for the derby boot on it.

@Carmina can you show a comparison of the lloret vs Oscar vs Rain lasts?

Thanks in advance!
I have a pair of Lloret derby boot in shell. This pair is UK8 and fits me pretty well with thicker socks.

I am usually in between UK7.5 & UK8 and I have the following Carmina lasts/sizes

- Rain UK 7.5 wholecut chelsea in museum calf - fits well with thin socks
- Simpson UK 8 penny loafer in suede - very tight (comfortably) fitting with medium thickness socks
- Simpson UK 8.5 unlined chukka in shell - generally too loose all around with thick socks - definitely need insole but I feel the last just doesn't work for me
- Lloret UK8 derby boot in shell - roomy fitting with medium thickness socks

I heard shell boots are usually larger than calf boots in the same size as they are not lasted as tightly as the calf ones.

Hope this helps!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.