• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Darkkp

Reaction score
I’m thinking of making one like the boot on the most right, but with toe cap instead of wingtip. Any idea if possible? Anyone know what model is that?
The model number for that boot is 80277. The height of the 80459 is what deterred me from going for it, but now that I think about the 80277, it might actually get me into this style again. I am still debating whether I should just go for a PCT or a semi brogue boot.

Darkkp

Reaction score
@Carmina Is it possible to change the wingtip for a perforated cap toe for the 80277 boot? If possible how much would that add in terms of extra charges?

Justsole

Reaction score
The model number for that boot is 80277. The height of the 80459 is what deterred me from going for it, but now that I think about the 80277, it might actually get me into this style again. I am still debating whether I should just go for a PCT or a semi brogue boot.
Then I guess we’re in the same boat. What’s PCT?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color are these? Polo?
I do apologize - I have no idea as to the exact name of the color, the box in which they came being long gone.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going with 80459, which is the boot in the middle, with medallion added to toe.
View attachment 1241648

My inspiration is the first pair Amaretto's I ever came across, an Alden make up by Citi Shoes. This boot started my obsession with rare shell (specifically lighter shell). Here is a picture of that boot from Misterg's Instagram post
Another that is a similar aesthetic is the C&J Dundee, which is the model that inspired my pair. The main difference being the welt and heel counter. Just throwing it out there to help you with various similar patterns.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of making one like the boot on the most right, but with toe cap instead of wingtip. Any idea if possible? Anyone know what model is that?
You want the lower height boot with the heel counter and cap toe, right? @Carmina should confirm but my recollection is that there isn't a pattern for that exact combination. My order was for basically the same thing just without the heel counter, ie. 80179 with brogue and medalion added.

Darkkp

Reaction score
You want the lower height boot with the heel counter and cap toe, right? @Carmina should confirm but my recollection is that there isn't a pattern for that exact combination. My order was for basically the same thing just without the heel counter, ie. 80179 with brogue and medalion added.
Did you add broguing to the shaft as well?

rejuvienate

Reaction score
Sounds like a good makeup

Reaction score
I'm going with 80459, which is the boot in the middle, with medallion added to toe.
View attachment 1241648

My inspiration is the first pair Amaretto's I ever came across, an Alden make up by Citi Shoes. This boot started my obsession with rare shell (specifically lighter shell). Here is a picture of that boot from Misterg's Instagram post
What kind of sole are you going for? Is the medallion an additional charge?

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
What kind of sole are you going for? Is the medallion an additional charge?
Probably double leather sole but might do single leather and commando or Victoria. Medallion is complementary. Basically anything already available as an option via customization tool is free if charge

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.