• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rohit73

Reaction score
I will be interested in the Carmina GMTO.
What is the pricing going to be?
Will carmina make a Chelsea boot in cordovan as cordovan ?

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Hi, folks. I’m new to Styleforum but not to the shoe/watch game. If it isn’t closed, I would love to be included in the Amaretto GMTO! Thank you.
It closes end of day tomorrow. I'll add you to the list

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
I will be interested in the Carmina GMTO.
What is the pricing going to be?
Will carmina make a Chelsea boot in cordovan as cordovan ?
Which GMTO? If Amaretto, I can add you to the list.Please confirm. Carmina won't make Chelsea, Jodhpur or wholecut boots in cordovan.

Last edited:

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man. I want this. But I don't _need_ this. Must resist...

pekingman

Reaction score
Okay, I have what I expect is a really stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyway, as I feel the need to get back into the Carmina shoe game after a few years of abstinence (a few shoes bought through the Armoury, Epaulet and Skoatie, as well as the Paris store), and my friends remind me often that I am good at asking stupid questions (some friends, huh?!).

The web site looks much better than I remember when last browsing it a few years ago (when it had the sliding window and pop-up boxes). Can someone explain please though what the difference is on the site between "MTO groups (in process)" and "MTO finished".

My usual understanding of "MTO finished" would be "finished" - as in "tough luck, you were too late". However, the site offers the ability to choose a size and add to my cart for many of the "MTO finished" shoes shown (with a "45 days in production" message).

Does that mean that once a MTO moves from "in process" to finished do the details get moved to the "finished" list with an appropriate price increase so that it is in effect a "pre-setup custom order"? Or is the price still lower than an equivalent full custom order, as the details are already set up, so kind of a semi-MTO ...?

I ran a search for "MTO finished" for this thread and came up with nothing. Thanks for any answers!

WilYa

Reaction score
Okay, I have what I expect is a really stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyway, as I feel the need to get back into the Carmina shoe game after a few years of abstinence (a few shoes bought through the Armoury, Epaulet and Skoatie, as well as the Paris store), and my friends remind me often that I am good at asking stupid questions (some friends, huh?!).

The web site looks much better than I remember when last browsing it a few years ago (when it had the sliding window and pop-up boxes). Can someone explain please though what the difference is on the site between "MTO groups (in process)" and "MTO finished".

My usual understanding of "MTO finished" would be "finished" - as in "tough luck, you were too late". However, the site offers the ability to choose a size and add to my cart for many of the "MTO finished" shoes shown (with a "45 days in production" message).

Does that mean that once a MTO moves from "in process" to finished do the details get moved to the "finished" list with an appropriate price increase so that it is in effect a "pre-setup custom order"? Or is the price still lower than an equivalent full custom order, as the details are already set up, so kind of a semi-MTO ...?

I ran a search for "MTO finished" for this thread and came up with nothing. Thanks for any answers!
It is in effect a "pre-setup custom order"

Tiger81

Reaction score
We can create a group for 14-15 GMTO's, the only condition would be selecting amaretto cordovan as the main leather.

Do remember any special makes or modifications of patterns would have a surcharge.
I am interested!

pkincy

Reaction score
One of my favorite attributes of a Carmina cordovan is that it is a much less thick leather than cordovan I have from Alden and AE. It has a supple wearing characteristic.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.