• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi
Many thanks for the pics! Can I just ask, is that a single leather sole with dainite?
No, these are on double leather york with storm welt. I was a wanting a chunkier look for this pair.

zag73

Reaction score
No, these are on double leather york with storm welt. I was a wanting a chunkier look for this pair.
They look very nice. Chunky but not too chunky. Just ordered a jumper boot in the Rain last and requested double leather with dainite. Looks like they shouldn’t be too chunky.

nubirth

Reaction score
I'm totally new to looking at Carmina shoes. I wear a size 9D in Allen Edmonds. The McNeils fit perfectly ( 97 Last), and another comparison shoe I have is the Strands in 9D ( 5 Last) that fit a little snugger in the toe box. Based on that limited information, what lasts should I be looking at on Carmina? I'm interested in their oxfords and Derby shoes

I like their loafers also. I wear 9D in Rancourts loafers that fit nicely.

bamgrinus

Reaction score
I'm totally new to looking at Carmina shoes. I wear a size 9D in Allen Edmonds. The McNeils fit perfectly ( 97 Last), and another comparison shoe I have is the Strands in 9D ( 5 Last) that fit a little snugger in the toe box. Based on that limited information, what lasts should I be looking at on Carmina? I'm interested in their oxfords and Derby shoes

I like their loafers also. I wear 9D in Rancourts loafers that fit nicely.
Forest and Oscar are both good middle of the road lasts that are probably comparable to the 97 last. I think either one is a good starting point.

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Anyone know when the factory reopens? I put in my MTO order but definitely wanted to discuss it before it gets underway.

yunBW

Reaction score
Anyone know when the factory reopens? I put in my MTO order but definitely wanted to discuss it before it gets underway.
did you have to put a note in the special request section or just sending an Email?

yunBW

Reaction score
I had to put a note on because the model I'm interested in wasn't listed.
Thanks! Would it be ok for me to make changes for the leather/color after I placed an order? Waiting on their swatches

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Would it be ok for me to make changes for the leather/color after I placed an order? Waiting on their swatches
Most likely to a point, yes. However, there are 2 risks. Once it goes into production it's too late except for possibly a sole change. Second, it probably increases the risk of an error. I'm in the same predicament since I was awaiting some feedback and haven't heard back yet.

yunBW

Reaction score
Most likely to a point, yes. However, there are 2 risks. Once it goes into production it's too late except for possibly a sole change. Second, it probably increases the risk of an error. I'm in the same predicament since I was awaiting some feedback and haven't heard back yet.
I see, thanks a lot! Kinda want their quick consultation about the color and leather, since I had few in mind. Wouldn’t it be possible to add a “hold on” note in the special request so it won’t go into production before they reply?

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Well, hopefully. With the factory having been on break, I'm not too worried about them starting on my shoes immediately. It seems like Sara might be on vacation since I haven't heard back and she's pretty responsive. If you do this, I would recommend that you send her a message directly with the order # after placing it.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont know. Maybe. Cant hurt try. I may well do the same.

yunBW

Reaction score
Well, hopefully. With the factory having been on break, I'm not too worried about them starting on my shoes immediately. It seems like Sara might be on vacation since I haven't heard back and she's pretty responsive. If you do this, I would recommend that you send her a message directly with the order # after placing it.
How do I get in contact with Sara ? Can I have the email? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.