• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

serbarristan

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Carmina's snuff suede? I'm thinking about ordering a pair of chelsea boots during the upcoming MTO event but do not have any experience with this color. How does it compare to their brown and polo suede? I own both of those colors so I'm leaning towards snuff for more variety. Also, what color elastic is recommended for snuff suede? Thanks in advance.
Scroll up a bit and you’ll see my snuff 910. Big fan of the color. I like polo as well - the snuff seems to have less red to it than polo.

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the difference between @Carmina grain vs tumbled leather? Both look ‘grainy’. Thanks!
Grain is basically embossed calf, tumbled is a soft leather that looks more wrinkled than a solid grain pattern. Not sure how it's treated (with tumbling, I guess?) but it's very soft to the touch.

Here's some swatches:

From left to right: box calf, karengrein, rusticalf, and suede

Closeup of just the karengrein and the rusticalf.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

autoportrait

Reaction score
It is an absolute pleasure, hopefully we will be organising more events like this for our clients in the near future.

Would shoe patinas, mirror shines.. be interesting? which type of events would you be interested in?
Your list plus general care like cleaning and brushing suede or restoring shoes after several seasons worth of polishing and shine.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does carmina still make the 907? is that possible as an MTO online?

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I think you can order any model mto via email even if it’s not stated in the personalisation tool. However they’re not answering emails 😥

ErPupone4

Reaction score
I'm planning on putting in my order and then leaving some comments in the notes section because I would like to see a couple pictures of suede swatches and elastic for a Chelsea boot. Unfortunately most of Europe is on holiday right now. Well, unfortunate for us in North America.

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Haven't people sometimes put in an order for a different model and asked them to change it in the notes?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should be fun, pop in for the extra discount on pairs in-stock and or to create your custom made shoes with no customisation fee.

We will be extending the customisation offer to Styleforum users only during the event hours through our website. Should be finishing at closing time (19:30).
I haven't seen anything on this?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be happening between 4:30 and 6:30 EST. I don't think they're releasing the code until then.
Yikes a 2 hour window I am traveling today so I may be in the air during the sale if it is only 2 hours and miss it.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.