• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Results of the first Horween football print cordovan pair made specially for our private GMTO! We have had a couple of artisans here at the factory complimenting this make.

What are your thoughts? As we expected the pattern was slightly ironed out in the toe area. However we managed to maintain as much print as possible.View attachment 1205735View attachment 1205736
Can’t wait to get these

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
During the weekend, I took the sneakers to the test with a little walk in the forest (sockless, as you can see). I think it passed the test with flying colors. I quite like them actually. Maybe I'm gonna get another pair of these in other color/leather.

DSC_2619.jpg

Lumaca

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend about Carmina's Black Funchal Unlined Captoe Oxford. Has anyone had experience with the leather? I've never seen an unlined oxford before, how does the inside look/work? I'm guessing there's toe stiffener in there?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina, are there any more of these hides available? Enough for a one-off 10.5UK sneaker? I have an MTO fee waiver to blow and this looks about as nice as I expected.
We have no more football print cordovan for the time being, unfortunately. We can try to source some more samples if you are interested.

Blastwice

Reaction score
We have no more football print cordovan for the time being, unfortunately. We can try to source some more samples if you are interested.
My wallet thanks you for this answer. I'm certainly interested in any type of unique cordovan shell you can source. :) As are many on SF.

Now that you've introduced me to the Sneakers model in shell, it's only a matter of time before I get another one I think. It's a very nice model.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thilgela

Reaction score
Those look great! I haven't seen tracking on mine, but I wasn't expecting to see any pop up for another month. Is this a dark burgundy or brown shell?
Thanks so much! This is Armagnac shell. TBH this really exceeds my expectations. I was surprised by the burnishing on the toe as well as I thought you could not do burnishing on shell.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! This is Armagnac shell. TBH this really exceeds my expectations. I was surprised by the burnishing on the toe as well as I thought you could not do burnishing on shell.
Very cool. AE's recent bourbon shell release had a lot of toe burnishing as well; we were all surprised by it then too.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the unlined chukka GMTO here. It's way ahead of schedule and they came out really nicely!!!

Thanks so much! @Carmina

View attachment 1207506View attachment 1207507View attachment 1207508View attachment 1207509View attachment 1207510
Wow, I think St. Crispin makes the most beautiful chukka; but man Carmina gives them a hard run for their money....just beautiful. What is crazy is how different the color of your Armagnac looks from my boots in Armagnac.

stook1

Reaction score
I knew I should have gotten in on the chukka order! Damn those are beautiful. Enjoy!

Thilgela

Reaction score
Wow, I think St. Crispin makes the most beautiful chukka; but man Carmina gives them a hard run for their money....just beautiful. What is crazy is how different the color of your Armagnac looks from my boots in Armagnac.
I know right. The color is so different from all armagnac pictures I have seen online. The burnishing is also so good that I did not expect.

I knew I should have gotten in on the chukka order! Damn those are beautiful. Enjoy!
Thanks man! I am expecting a lot of wear out of them!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know right. The color is so different from all armagnac pictures I have seen online. The burnishing is also so good that I did not expect.
Exactly, although I have to say your shade is what I am accustomed to seeing, and expected to get when I got mine.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.