• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reaction score
This one?
WINGTIP OXFORDS 80502 CALVIA

There's also this derby (not for sale anymore) as an example
PLAIN TOE DERBY 80501 CALVIA
Exactly those ones. I wish there’s a view up top so I can compare it to Oscar.

I’m going to get their blucher in that same last. I like the Oscar but I wanted something more rounded and shorter.

jctune

Reaction score
Exactly those ones. I wish there’s a view up top so I can compare it to Oscar.
Here's Calvia vs. Rain

And then Rain vs. Oscar
RAIN_OSCAR.jpg

To me Oscar looks wider and a bit longer. In terms of rounder I think they look the same - but Calvia is definitely shorter. Granted I feel like these drawings don't 100% represent real world experiences but its not a bad starting point.

@Carmina can we get an Oscar vs. Calvia view?

stook1

Reaction score
How does the last look like? Are they pretty casual?
It's a relatively casual last with a fuller, roundish toe. I didn't love the fit, personally, but I was told by the rep that it was one of their most generous fitting lasts. For what it's worth, I didnt really find that to be the case and prefer Detroit, oscar, soller, forest eee as far as lasts go. Everyone's feet are different so ymmv.

Reaction score
It's a relatively casual last with a fuller, roundish toe. I didn't love the fit, personally, but I was told by the rep that it was one of their most generous fitting lasts. For what it's worth, I didnt really find that to be the case and prefer Detroit, oscar, soller, forest eee as far as lasts go. Everyone's feet are different so ymmv.
That’s very helpful. How does the fit compare to the Oscar last?

stook1

Reaction score
That’s very helpful. How does the fit compare to the Oscar last?
There are some guys that have more experience than me with both lasts. I've only fitted both lasts twice. The calvia really didnt work well for me so I'm reluctant to sway your perception negatively. I found the instep oddly lower than anticipated. Theres a last comparison that Carmina posted recently that I found elucidating regarding the calvia but I cant easily hunt it down on mobile.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @stephenaf2003, that's a sweet volume of pairs!!

Performing a quick math: assuming that you don't wear any shoes on weekends, that leaves us with about 260 days of footwear a year, then divided by 3, it brings us to about 85+ pair of shoes, minimum.

How do you keep track of your rotation? I am curious, I have about a 1/3 of that number and i struggle.
Unfortunately, for my bank account, but fortunately for my addiction, 85 is quite a bit short. But I do something similar to what madhat mentioned.
Because I like to keep the boxes, and I’m an empty nester, I have my shoes in a dedicated room with special built shelves, It’s very much like a shoe store stock room. I also keep cards with each boxes cubby hole, listing the date worn history.

Reaction score
There are some guys that have more experience than me with both lasts. I've only fitted both lasts twice. The calvia really didnt work well for me so I'm reluctant to sway your perception negatively. I found the instep oddly lower than anticipated. Theres a last comparison that Carmina posted recently that I found elucidating regarding the calvia but I cant easily hunt it down on mobile.
Thank you again. I think Calvia will work really well for me. My instep is pretty low so based on your experience I should be good!

stook1

Reaction score
Thank you again. I think Calvia will work really well for me. My instep is pretty low so based on your experience I should be good!
They dont have a low instep. If you have a low instep they may not be ideal. Consult with Carmina and/or await feedback from others that are more qualified than I am to help. But to be clear, they arent a low instep. Average maybe.

WNovizar

Reaction score
Carmina Instagram just posted about waiving MTO fee for model 80708 and 80518. Thing is, what is model 80518? Any links?

jctune

Reaction score
Carmina Instagram just posted about waiving MTO fee for model 80708 and 80518. Thing is, what is model 80518? Any links?

On a side note, the search function on the carmina site actually works really well. Put in a pattern or last and it gives results not only for what's currently available but also styles and patterns that aren't currently listed anywhere else.

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a side note, the search function on the carmina site actually works really well. Put in a pattern or last and it gives results not only for what's currently available but also styles and patterns that aren't currently listed anywhere else.
All well I'm out no shell...

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.