• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Finally, my first shell cordovan sneakers (and actually, my only pair of sneakers, currently). It's rubi + saddle shell cordovan combination.

Looking much better than expected, and fitting much better than expected as well. All in all, I might even get another RTW pair.

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Carmina, I have not receive an answer from you (web page Live Chat) about the 2 pairs of shoe laces I ordered 2 weeks ago. Could you please check it out?. Should I just e-mail you?. Thanks.
Yes please, let the customer service team you are missing your order for a pair of laces.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina

Hi Sara,
Can we please come to an agreement on a reasonable solution for the issue with my order that we have been discussing via PM?

I didn't hear back today, which is fine if you are working on this with your team internally, but I would very much like to close out this issue this week.

As always, I appreciate your assistance and motivation to address the concerns.
Done, simply let me know what would suit you best.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina I noticed a few shoes, albeit mostly loafers, on the website which are blake constructed. Is this possible to do on the GMTO? Would be nice for those of us seeking out the lightest, sleekest option in an unlined chukka
Unfortunately, we do not offer to customise blake shoes for the time being. We would only be able to create a large "regular" GMTO. Meaning a single model, last, leather.. where you would only select sizing as a group.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I dunno, I have mixed thoughts on those pairs that were tried on. You can't have a company that accepts returns in reasonable condition and not have tried on shoes being re-sold. Both of those pairs look like less broken-in than you would get in a single day of wear, and it's not always possible to tell if a last works for you by just slipping them on your feet. It doesn't affect the long-term value of the shoes at all. It does, however, affect that moment when you first take them out of the box. Should they be stricter about accepting returns? Put all returned shoes on the outlet page? Charge a re-stocking fee to cover the loss from selling them at outlet prices in the future? I don't know. Personally I would be slightly disappointed by receiving either of those two shoes, but at the same time I would probably just get over it and move on, knowing that it makes little difference after I wear them once. I might care more with calf, though, since a crease in a weird place may never go away.
No order should arrive with a used item or signs of wear. Specially if the item is from our collection. We will very gladly exchange them for an unworn pair.

The only occasion when shoes can be tried on would be outlet pairs, since they are unsold pairs that have been in-store at some point. However, no heavy use should be expected only shoes over carpeted floors.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, my first shell cordovan sneakers (and actually, my only pair of sneakers, currently). It's rubi + saddle shell cordovan combination.

Looking much better than expected, and fitting much better than expected as well. All in all, I might even get another RTW pair.

View attachment 1188470

View attachment 1188471
Wow, those turned out spectacularly! You guys are going to weasel me into buying a pair with photos like this. The only thing holding me back is I’m unsure if I want to take a chance on the Calvia last.

bamgrinus

Reaction score

View attachment 1188470

View attachment 1188471
Wow, those look fantastic. Really making me anticipate my black rusticalf pair...

Could you take more pictures of the back panel? I was having trouble finding pictures of the rear view of the sneakers when I was working on my order.

jctune

Reaction score
Wow, those turned out spectacularly! You guys are going to weasel me into buying a pair with photos like this. The only thing holding me back is I’m unsure if I want to take a chance on the Calvia last.
Maiden voyage for mine as well. After much thought I went with burgundy CXL. These are my first pair in CXL.

Very comfy. I’m enjoying them so far.
FE5E7495-EDB3-4BC8-B155-B5D61B4B216A.jpeg
C9C422B0-B4E7-408E-BC57-6D904EF7A08C.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

goalaso

Reaction score
@Carmina Anyone know what last this Barney's Carmina model is on? (Thumbnail attached, but more pics after link)

And does anyone have in-the-wild photos of Llubi non-jumper boots, ie chukkas, derbies, sneakers? The carmina photos make it look very ill-proportioned with anything other than giant shell boots, but I know in the wild, after a few wears, those photos may not be representative...

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.