Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. bespoken4me

bespoken4me Senior member

Appreciate it, but have exhausted searches on the site and never see 12 outside of black, which for me is a waste of shell. I will hope against hope on this and will then beg Betty. Thanks again

2. bespoken4me

Damnit! size 11. I imagine some old security guard, doubling as an IT guy sitting in a back office, off the shop floor, who tends to the e-store. I will now resort to "My dearest Betty....." email to grab that pair. If not, I will opt for an MTO loafer, and with the 50% upcharge, well, that's why she left me. Wouldn't and couldn't compete with the closet

3. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

All Carmina roads lead back to the lovely Bettina! :inlove:

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

Wow, I had no idea the price of buying directly from Carmina is that low. I'll have to look into this since from what I've seen online it's between EUR 400-500. Is the best way to do this emailing the infamous Betty? Can someone give me her email address? I've been looking to add a pair of suede to my rotation and looks like Carmina have some nice options.

6. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

The quickest and easiest way is to order from the webstore. Although the selection here is limited:

http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/index.asp?nididioma=0

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

8. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I feel ya bro. I fell ya.

9. haci79

haci79 Member

I apologize for being slow this morning. Is Betty able find in-stock shoes that don't require the mto charge and do not show up on their web store? Thanks

10. david123

david123 Senior member

Does Carmina ever have full boots in stock to order online? I've never seen anything except the short boots on their web site.

11. bespoken4me

No, they aren't on the boot wave, and what you see on site is generally what their stores have, though only a subset of inventory stores carry. There are boots available, at certain stores but not e-store, and definitely nothing like G&G, Alden, AS, and others who have been quick to market what has been a rather recent demand. Go back 10 years, and see what was available in the dress boot world. I try not to bother Betty, as her responsibilities are far greater than that of an order clerk. Gdot posted earlier the link to Carmina. If you email at [email protected] and request MTO information for a specific boot makeup, they will be more than happy to assist.

12. mymil

mymil Senior member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012

13. bespoken4me

shhhhhh!

( there is another personal email, but that secret aint ever getting out.)

14. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'm a UK 12 myself, so I hear ya, but we get very few Carmina requests for UK 12. Northern Europeans are actually the tallest people in the world (statistically). Sweden comes in second place (average height for men: 5’11.5”), followed by Danes, Norwegians, Estonians, Finns and Germans. The tallest people on the planet are actually the Dutch. For some reason we have a much larger demand for EG and G&G in larger sizes than Carmina. Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want me to put you on the waiting list for 12's. I think we actually have some UK 12 in stock, and a few models coming in (i.e. 80092 Brown Calf/Snuff Suede, 922 Brown Calf, 923 Burgundy Cord.).

With today's dollar exchange rate a pair of oxfords at Skoaktiebolaget are about $490 ($392 ex VAT). That's about 10%, not 18%. And in my opinion we have a better selection of models. The US Dollar exchange rate is very bad to the Swedish Krona now, so I'm confident prices will improve for our US clients over time.

Our short boots are 3600 SEK while Carmina charge about 3750 SEK, so we are actually less expensive than Carmina on these. At this point, we charge 3600 SEK for high boots as well, and Carmina does not carry these, but they would be about 4000 SEK if they did.

Carmina charges a 50% surcharge for MTO, we charge 40%.

Mr.Moo, I was not referring to your post when I mentioned that Carmina should not be compared to EG or G&G , and I did not quote you either. I was referring to another member. I should have been more clear.

15. kayjaybee

kayjaybee Senior member

I'm up to 9 pairs from Carmina...value is fantastic and while the ordering process can be a problem at times, especially when you have issues with sizing, etc, I've always been happy with the product I received and love wearing them every day. For my money I'm completely satisfied and will continue to purchase from Carmina as long as they keep the level of quality and craftsmanship that most of us have experienced from them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012