• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WNovizar

Reaction score
Another vote from me to get this rolling asap and give the code to @jctune

jctune

Reaction score
Anticipation post #2. The Amaretto adelaides that I'm hoping to order will join these three Carmina shell siblings in my rotation.
jtEMnHS.jpg

Rubi Cordovan loafers - Uetam last. Ordered these in the fall MTO fee waiver promotion. Haven't been worn yet, saving these guys for spring.

Brolive Reddit GMTO boots - Detroit last. These things are fantastic. I get more comments on these than any other shoe.

Frankenstitch Natural Derbys - Forest last. The natural cordovan is darkening nicely and getting a deep, varied patina.

trevorplease

Reaction score
More info on the shell loafers! I have one coming but on a different last. Uetam was a little snug. Are you planning to go sockless?

jctune

Reaction score
More info on the shell loafers! I have one coming but on a different last. Uetam was a little snug. Are you planning to go sockless?
Technically I guess these are slippers - on pattern 80248. I wanted something with a low profile so I went with a single JR sole.

The Rubi cordovan is truly an amazing color. The pictures on Carmina's site don't do it justice - especially given that all the pictures I could find look different. It's a very deep color with enough burgundy to not be overly red.

I've only owned one pair of loafers in the past (a pair of cheap cole haans that were very much beaters) and I wanted something with more pop. I've also always been a fan of the look of the vintage Florsheim Yumas, so I guess this is my tribute to the Yuma.

I have worn these around the house for a few minutes and at this point am planning on going with no-show socks. I was a little worried about the fit of Uetam with what I had read of other's experiences but it seems to fit me pretty well.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
I ended up getting these MTO adelaides remade on Alcudia last. Fit isn’t quite is good as I’d hoped (actually more volume than expected) but I think they’ll serve me well.

Sorry can’t figure out how to spoiler.

B9A801CF-E47C-4555-B1F1-86A81744B94D.jpeg

D369230B-C264-46D7-BC94-FBEEEEC8AB55.jpeg

A91C8162-45E0-46C2-9E77-EBC2CCA062DE.jpeg

1132EA6D-2FC7-46CF-B459-0CD63F4EC51D.jpeg

Last edited:

thuhoan

Reaction score
I ended up getting these MTO adelaides remade on Alcudia last. Fit isn’t quite is good as I’d hoped (actually more volume than expected) but I think they’ll serve me well.

Sorry can’t figure out how to spoiler.
]

I like them. Any idea how the Alcudia compares to Simpson in terms of fit?

Canadianguy

Reaction score
I like them. Any idea how the Alcudia compares to Simpson in terms of fit?

I can only compare to Rain. You might want to check out the Carmina sizing thread. SF member jet stream has both Alcudia and Simpson lasts and I believe has made some comparisons.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only compare to Rain. You might want to check out the Carmina sizing thread. SF member jet stream has both Alcudia and Simpson lasts and I believe has made some comparisons.

I would appreciate if you can comment on fit between Rain and Alcudia. Rain last is just fine for me but. what about Alcudia. More or less toe room? Higher or lower toe box? Instep? What is the process to have them remade? Just send them to Carmina as regular re-crafting? Thank you in advance.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
I would appreciate if you can comment on fit between Rain and Alcudia. Rain last is just fine for me but. what about Alcudia. More or less toe room? Higher or lower toe box? Instep? What is the process to have them remade? Just send them to Carmina as regular re-crafting? Thank you in advance.

I’m not by any means an expert, but I would say Alcudia seems to have slightly more toe room and higher toe box, slightly lower instep, slightly more narrow in heel and forefoot as compared to Rain.

Regarding the remake, there were a couple mistakes in the construction of my first MTO pair (mainly wrong last), so Carmina offered to remake my order from scratch. Too bad I had to return the first pair.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Code for @jctune has now been created. The whole group should be going into production tomorrow(just to give some time for final changes) we have been requested for.

Please bare in mind any pattern modifications that have been requested would need a couple extra days.

Woohoo :-D :slayer:

jctune

Reaction score
Code for @jctune has now been created. The whole group should be going into production tomorrow(just to give some time for final changes) we have been requested for.

Please bare in mind any pattern modifications that have been requested would need a couple extra days.

Order placed.

I went with an adelaide with a heel counter in the pattern Carmina showed here on Simpson. This will be my first adelaide, I've been admiring all of the posts by @jet-stream and all his amazing pairs. I thought my first pair would be in navy cordovan later this year, but I guess plans change.

We made this model a couple of years ago if you are interested, it has a slightly different heel.

View attachment 1139283

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads