• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Reaction score
What did you end up going with?
@Carmina - mine is order 5426
I'm realizing that too much choice excessively complicates my life on critically important decisions like this one. :decisions:
Ended up narrowing it down and ordered the below... How about you?

JUMPER BOOTS 80179
Amaretto cordovan
lining Calf Leather Violet
Last and sole Detroit York sole
fabricacion Double sole with storm welt Chestnut edge
floron Medallion 4
Eyelets Gold
hooks Copper hooks
laces Brown Flat shoe laces
Nominated & initials Without name neither initials
special requests
1. Amaretto Shell Cordovan
2. Brogue pattern on the toe cap
3. Brogue pattern on the boot shaft and vamp
4. No pinking
5. Wheeling on the storm welt
More Options
size UK 9

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with this in amaretto shell, commando soles (leather/rubber) with no storm welt.

I am thinking maybe I should have added a medallion.

9DA54F71-C0BA-4829-93F5-61D8B00391E0.jpeg

jctune

Reaction score
Looks like meowmix1891 is playing dead. I’d say the first one of you to cross the finish line wins.
Traded some PMs with Carmina yesterday. If I get in great, if not I'll just have to re-open discussion on that Kudu they have.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is full-on melty, salt, slush, puddle messiness up here. I won't be in mine for a while, yet, but you've got me craving them!
Wait, what? I thought you were in the “wear my shell in bad weather” camp. :satisfied:

If so, suede is the even more appropriate for bad weather. Edit: tolerant of bad weather

Last edited:

stook1

Reaction score
I went with this in amaretto shell, commando soles (leather/rubber) with no storm welt.

I am thinking maybe I should have added a medallion.

View attachment 1144293
I nearly went with the taller boot myself. I found a photo deep in this thread somewhere of a Skoak build from 2017 that was the mid height boot but included the heel counters like the tall boot. Didn't seem to be an option since they don't have the pattern available apparently. I suspect you can adjust your order if you like. There are a couple of minor details I am still debating myself (eyelets, for instance, which I changed from antiqued to shiny at the last moment).

stook1

Reaction score
Anybody else care to share their orders for the amaretto gmto? Curious what everyone else settled on.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? I thought you were in the “wear my shell in bad weather” camp. :satisfied:

If so, suede is the even more appropriate for bad weather. Edit: tolerant of bad weather
I got over the fear of rain on suede, but not the fear of dirty, salty puddles. I still have self-work and growth to do as a human and sartorialist! ;)

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nearly went with the taller boot myself. I found a photo deep in this thread somewhere of a Skoak build from 2017 that was the mid height boot but included the heel counters like the tall boot. Didn't seem to be an option since they don't have the pattern available apparently. I suspect you can adjust your order if you like. There are a couple of minor details I am still debating myself (eyelets, for instance, which I changed from antiqued to shiny at the last moment).
Can you share a photo of the Skoak build and the model #?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the turn around time for customize orders on Carmina's website?

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I think some deadline must be agreed/enforced. Otherwise we can’t possibly move on.

Let say, and to be fair, what about something like Tue 19, 23:59 GMT+0. What do you think @Carmina ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.