• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:crackup:

Haven't heard back yet on the last few questions that I'd messaged to Carmina. Perhaps you guys can provide some guidance? Would like to get this order submitted today and have pretty much everything worked out other than some (mainly) smaller details.

1. Am I in for a difficult break-in going with a double leather midsole + the York outsole? I've seen some photos of the double midsole and prefer the slightly chunkier look but rather not kill my feet with a very harsh break-in.
I've got 80179 jumpers on the York sole. Single leather midsole then York. They were on the stiffer side initially, but certainly not in the same room as foot-killers.

2. Any sense of how hard wearing the York sole is relative to the others? Leaning towards that one but debating between a couple of the other lower profile rubber options up to the victory sole, which would be the highest profile I'd consider.
I have not extensively worn mine, yet, but I have certainly walked kilometers at a time. My Shore durometer is in the shop, but to the nail they feel about the same hardness as Dainite, if that tells you anything. I'd say the same for Victory hardness which I have on my other jumpers.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard back yet on the last few questions that I'd messaged to Carmina. Perhaps you guys can provide some guidance? Would like to get this order submitted today and have pretty much everything worked out other than some (mainly) smaller details.

1. Am I in for a difficult break-in going with a double leather midsole + the York outsole? I've seen some photos of the double midsole and prefer the slightly chunkier look but rather not kill my feet with a very harsh break-in.

2. Any sense of how hard wearing the York sole is relative to the others? Leaning towards that one but debating between a couple of the other lower profile rubber options up to the victory sole, which would be the highest profile I'd consider.

3. Are there any constraints on the availability of wheeling on a storm welt? I'd read a snippet somewhere that some sole options didn't allow for wheeling.

4. Pros/Cons of the lining choices (ie. calf vs. kid)?

5. Any strong views on the Soller last with moderately tapered or traditional leg pants (as opposed to slim). Leaning towards this last or Detroit, which is a little more chiseled vs. the pointier Soller.
I’ll take a shot:

1. Not too bad, more break in than a double leather sole, but nothing like the victory sole.

2. I sold my double York after a dozen or so wears, but I didn’t have any issues with break-in. It doesn’t feel as hard as dainite, but is similarly resistant to wear. Not as hearty as victory but less break in; my victory-soled boot is ... robust. After 2 dozen + wears I’m not sure it’s broken in yet.

3. No idea.

4. Kid feels more velvety, calf is theoretically heartier. For dress shoes I always opt for kid; for a boot I might lean toward calf.

5. I really like the shape of soller and suspect it would scale well to non-slim pants. I tend to wear a medium size cuff (tapered but not slim) and would have no problem with either last.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dfgiop

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I don’t think we have decided on the insole logo for the Amaretto GMTO. Let’s pick one from the two that @Carmina recommended, so that we don’t delay the process further. We will go with the majority.

1. @cc808314 - A
2. @up1911fan -
3. @flylikeneagle -
4. @p1yhRZks -
5. @meowmix1891 -
6. @scb - B
7. @stephenaf2003 -
8. @stook1 - no preference
9. @neelp3 -
10. @WNovizar -
11. @dave_rawitat -
12. @dfgiop -